Quality Assurance Operations Manager
Aseptic Pharmaceutical Specials, Corsham, Wiltshire
(Permanent – 37.5 hours per week, worked on a rota between 07:00 & 22:00)
£35 to £45K (depending on qualifications and experience) + bonus, company pension, child care, life assurance
Bath ASU manufacture and dispatches over 2,200 products a day to hospitals throughout the UK, making a difference to thousands of patients’ lives, some of which are living with cancer, chronic illnesses and extreme pain.
Due to the expansion of our site and services we are currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Manager (Operations) who will manage the QA team. You will lead our friendly, dynamic team in the development of our capacity and capability to deliver our products to hospitals and patients homes across the UK and beyond.
The successful candidate will need to be a registered pharmacist or member of the Royal Society of Chemistry/Biology (or eligible). You must have knowledge and awareness of the principles of QA, experience in managing others and a specific understanding of GMP. Previous experience in a aseptic and/or specials manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
You will have a range of key responsibilities within the team to include:
- Manage the QA Team with regards to the daily operational requirements.
- To ensure a timely investigation of complaints and deviations from the quality system, assign appropriate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures
- Provide advice and information on all aspects of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and Production.
- Support the training and development of Bath ASU staff.
- Support the HR Manager in staff appraisals and objective setting, assessing performance and developing action plans.
- Participate in any rota system that may operate within the product release team in order to deliver our service commitments.
- Be responsible for the Approval for Use (release) of all products manufactured or repackaged within Bath ASU according to licensing requirements and GMP.
- Assist with the introduction of new products (including clinical trials) into the portfolio and into the production process.
- Develop, maintain and implement QA and Production SOPs.
- Documentation control and maintenance. Ensure that SOPs are complied with and processes and procedures kept up to date
- Participate in Quality audits and self-inspections.
- The development of activities and policies aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Bath ASU service provision.
- Setting and reporting performance against KPIs.
- Identify and implement best practice.
- Participate in the development, validation and revalidation of procedures for production methods.
- Ensuring that all QA staff comply with COSHH and Health and Safety regulations and departmental SOP’s.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to contribute to our continuing growth. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has changed the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is developing in the homecare market.
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with immediate access to the World Heritage City of Bath you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that has a zero carbon status. If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information and a full job description, please contact 01225 811131.
Closing date for completed applications is – Tuesday 1st November 2016. Interviews will take place on – Thursday 10th November 2016