Locality Contract Pharmacist - Community & Prison Services
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for a forward thinking organisation that places service users at the heart of what we do.
Addaction helps people change their behaviour to become the very best that they can be. It could be their drug or alcohol use or worries about their mental health – we support people to making lasting change in their lives.
We are expanding our team of Pharmacists and are pleased to be advertising this newly created post.
Accountable to the Service Manager and Lead Clinical Pharmacist you will represent the National Medicines Management team at individual contract level, providing local professional support to clinical and operational services in order to support Addaction’s medicines management responsibilities.
In particular you will:
- oversee medicines management related audits and monitor, review and manage the implementation of recommendations
- provide expert advice on pharmaceutical matters; in the delivery and development of Addaction services within the locality
- support, deliver and facilitate high quality educational learning and development opportunities for clinical and non clinical staff to ensure that evidence based prescribing is practiced and policy awareness is robust.
- foster and support the medicines management interface with Primary Care and other organisations.
- analyse and disseminate prescribing and incident reports produced by the National team, providing interpretation at a local level in order to identify trends and key learning.
If you are an independent prescriber, there will be opportunities to work in a clinical capacity.
You will have a proven track record in clinical pharmacy, with at least two years post registration experience. In particular we are looking for enthusiastic individuals who have experience of:
- Clinical Audit
- Medicines information
- Prescribing and cost analysis monitoring experience
- Formulary management experience
- Change management
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team
You will be able to demonstrate:
- excellent written and oral communication skills.
- the ability to prioritise and excellent organisational skills
- the ability to work effectively as a multidisciplinary team player.
If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity please email Rachel.Britton@addaction.org.uk