Commissioning Editor - Careers - Central London
To plan, commission and edit content for the Careers section of Pharmaceutical Journal Publications relevant to pharmacists across all sectors and to ensure that all article types published within the Careers section are published according to the volume and quality set in the PJ Publications strategy. To strengthen the position of PJ Publications’ Careers section as the ultimate source for receiving careers and education advice in pharmacy and the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Commission, edit and contribute content (including career features, profiles and Q&As) toexpand the range of Careers content across the platform, while ensuring it is accurate, relevant and engaging for pharmacy professionals and reflective of the opportunities available across different sectors and levels. This includes content appearing in The Pharmaceutical Journal and Tomorrow’s Pharmacist;
- To ensure that the right balance is maintained across the scope of content;
- Build and maintain communication with the target audience of career articles (including students and pre-registration pharmacists) and develop a range of expert contacts across sectors;
- Collaborate with the Editorial Production team and Managing Editor to ensure the smooth transition of Careers content from the platform to print and digital issues, and collaborate with the Art Editor to ensure the highest quality in the visual presentation of the content, including image selection and creation of infographics;
- Engage with the target audience through social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and relevant pharmacy forums);
- Attend events and conferences where required and support the wider team in producing timely news and other relevant content, including social media output;
- Edit and publish blogs for The Pharmaceutical Journal and Tomorrow’s Pharmacist as required;
- As part of the learning team, work with the Senior Editor – Research & Learning and Assistant Clinical Editor to develop ideas, commission and edit clinical and non-clinical (soft skills) learning content for The Pharmaceutical Journal, as well as other material (and peer-reviewed content) of relevance to healthcare professionals across the world, in line with PJ Publications editorial standards;
- Work with the Senior Editor – Research & Learning to deliver responsibilities associated with PJ Publications sponsored supplements and custom publishing projects as required.
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of the role and is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties from time to time.