Clinical Pharmacist Team Leader - Exeter
Job Type: Full time
Hearst Health International has a new vacancy for a Clinical Pharmacist Team Leader to join their team developing electronic medicines information. This is an important role, helping to ensure a portfolio of market-leading healthcare IT solutions remain comprehensive, up-to-date, and of the highest quality.
The role of a Clinical Pharmacist Team Leader will be suited to those with an interest in developing electronic medicines information and a firm commitment to provision of information of the highest quality and practical usability in all healthcare sectors. The post requires good communication skills, the ability to identify not only problems but also potential solutions, and a drive to push standards to the highest level. The role also requires as a commitment to ensuring staff administrative needs are managed considerately and with authority, and an ability to support junior staff to learn and develop their professional abilities from the direct experience of their work.
Positive attitude, empathy and a strong team leadership ethic are vital in order to emphasise the importance of the post and create a beneficial and productive work environment throughout the department.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Quality control and, as required, maintenance of clinical content (and associated solutions) with respect to not only the data itself but also to the review and development of the editorial policies and the work instructions that govern that maintenance.
- Maintain expertise in specific clinical and technical areas as required.
- Provide training to other members of Hearst Health as required.
- Provide support for other departments within Hearst Health.
- Participation in Hearst Health development projects or customer implementations.
- Conduct regular performance reviews, as defined by the organisation, arranging the integration of feedback from Solution Leads for review with each staff member.
- Support Solution Leads to manage resource plans for their team.
- Participate in the department leadership team to develop and deliver departmental strategic projects
- Support the recruitment of new staff, including preparing recruitment documentation as well as participating in the interview process if required.
- Provide ad hoc administration support to team members, including holiday booking sign-off, drafting purchase order requests, signing off sick leave.
- Ensuring the team maintain their own workload to a high quality standard, and that defined and agreed company policies (SoPs) and processes are adhered to.
- Provide training and development to new team members and to existing staff where new ways of working are being implemented.
- Dealing with any simple people management concerns and issues as appropriate; escalating complex cases to the Clinical Manager/Solution Lead in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Min 2:2 degree in Pharmacy
- Current GPhC Registration
- Post registration experience
- Experience leading teams or projects
- Able to deal with issues face to face, respecting and handling confidential matters appropriately at all times
- Good communicator – both verbal and written. Able to deal with customers face to face. Confident in dealing with people of all levels
- Experience handling problems and issues professionally and working towards an effective and supportive outcome
If this is something you wish to explore further, please send your CV and contact details clicking on the APPLY button below.
Apply for Clinical Pharmacist Team Leader - Exeter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly