My Local Chemist are currently recruiting pre-registration students for 2017/8 and 2018/9. We are one of the leading independent pharmacies in the West Midlands with over thirty years’ experience in serving the health needs of the local community.
Our purpose is to empower people in the local community to live healthier and more fulfilled lives. Our customers are at the heart of our business. We're committed to providing exceptional customer and patient care, a confidential and friendly service, expert knowledge in health and above all excellence in all areas.
Our people are our strength and they tell us that My Local Chemist is a great place to work. We aim to always be the employer of choice, attracting and retaining the most talented and passionate people.
We are currently recruiting enthusiastic, hard working and motivated pre-registration students across our branches in the Midlands. We currently have vacancies for 2017 in the following areas:
- Small Heath
- Alum Rock
- Retford (Nottinghamshire)
We are also recruiting pre-registration students for 2018/9 in the following areas:
- Birmingham - various locations
- Maintaining accurate, efficient and professional dispensing and over the counter services for all of our customers.
- Supporting your team to deliver exceptional customer service
- Offer appropriate advice and guidance to meet customer needs.
- Ensure a high standard of product knowledge through training and familiarisation with national and local guidance.
- Assist in the training and development the pharmacy team.
- An excellent understanding community pharmacy.
- A high standard of English and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisational skills, excellent time management skills and able to work to strict deadlines and multitask.
- Able to build relationships with other healthcare professionals
- A willingness to learn and apply new skills
- All prospective candidates will be required to do at least 1-2 weeks of our summer placement program as part of the application process
As a growing business we take every team members feedback on board and are constantly looking for ways to improve on our service. In addition we will offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Provide a comprehensive training programme onsite and at external venues
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
My Local Chemist is the trading name of Dispharma Retail Limited, Medicare, Peter James (Bridgegate Chemist) Ltd and Greatwood Pharmacy Ltd.