Senior Clinical Hospital Pharmacist
6 days left
Band 7: Senior Clinical Hospital Pharmacist (rotational programme)
Full time or part time will be considered
Are you a Band 6 Pharmacist who has completed or is about to complete their clinical diploma or a current band 7 looking to move into a new and exciting field? Is working in an environment where you feel truly supported and valued important to you? If the answer is yes then we have the job for you.
Following significant investment by the trust we are looking for a pharmacist to join our established Band 7 rotational programme. This will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of clinical services such as respiratory medicine, cardiology, intensive care, emergency medicine, elderly care including stroke, burns , spinal rehabilitation, orthopaedics, paediatrics, spinal and oncology. Aseptic production, medicines governance and management opportunities are also available for the right candidate.
Why should I work at Salisbury District Hospital?
• Our ward pharmacists are fully integrated into wider ward teams as this is where they spend 90% of their time – the wards here love their pharmacists and technicians!
• All wards are supported by experienced medicines management technicians
• We really care about the wellbeing of our staff and have superb facilities such as on site accommodation, swimming pools, gym, fitness classes and access to personal trainers
• Very supportive team and managers and all staff are actively encouraged to shape and develop the future direction of the team.
• Fully funded postgraduate qualifications such as clinical diplomas or MSc.
• Potential to undertake further training e.g. independent prescribing course / leadership development at a point in your career that is right for you.
• Excellent staff parking facilities – reasonable rates and guaranteed spaces.
• Light, airy department (with windows!) and many of the wards look out onto the beautiful Salisbury countryside.
• Great location –Salisbury is less than 60 minutes away from Bath, Bournemouth, Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth and has great public transport links to London and the South West. Salisbury itself is also a beautiful, vibrant city with many music, art and food festivals, open air markets, a historic cathedral and Stonehenge is just round the corner.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Jan Jarman, Clinical Pharmacy Manager on 01722 336262 bleep 1126 or e-mail Jan.Jarman@salisbury.nhs.uk or Steve Bleakley – Chief Pharmacist firstname.lastname@example.org