Senior Clinical Writer - London
All PhP products and services depend on high quality content. The role of the Senior Clinical Writer is to use their expert knowledge and insight, gained through either extensive clinical experience, specialist domain knowledge, or a deep editorial understanding, to help drive the creation of high-quality content for the various PhP products in order to maintain their positions as authoritative sources of information about drugs and medicines.
In addition, appropriately trained Senior Clinical Writers may authorize content for release.
- Contribute to content creation, including but not exclusively, searching for and selecting relevant information, organising and writing or checking content suitable for use in PhP products; taking clinical and professional responsibility for the accuracy, safety, and appropriateness of the content and through use of specialist knowledge, drive and support quality improvements in the content;
- Assist in the timely delivery of content by processing material according to production schedules;
- Assist in dealing with experts in drug therapy, advisory committees, and other external contacts, by preparation of papers for board meetings and electronic forums, presentations in person, or other appropriate methods of communication;
- Develop and maintain links with the user community; both to ensure that the publications reflect current clinical practice and user requirements, and to support the future development of the content and its modes of delivery;
- May be required to take a lead for the publications in appropriate areas of expertise (for example, paediatrics), helping develop strategies for content development, sharing knowledge and expertise with the team and representing the products on relevant issues to external organisations;
- Under the guidance of the Content Manager (Development and Support), contribute to the development of processes and procedures that drive high-quality content creation;
- If appropriately trained, may sign off content for release.
- Appropriate and timely selection or approval of content, delivered in a style appropriate to the publication;
- Quality of editorial work; minimal reworking and input required by colleagues;
- Meeting deadlines or renegotiating deadlines if necessary (but demonstrating an understanding of the limitations of rescheduling);
- Demonstrates good knowledge of the appropriate subject matter (e.g. being recognised as an expert in the relevant subject matter);
- Publication processes adhered to and developed;
- Effective working relationships both with colleagues and external partners;
- Understanding of policies, procedures and remit of the various publications;
- Sharing appropriate expertise and knowledge with colleagues.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Personal responsibility
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- A graduate with a relevant life sciences degree and post graduate qualification or equivalent skills and experience;
- Proven ability to drive improvements, preferably gained in a content creation environment;
- An in depth knowledge of the clinical uses of drugs and medicines in a relevant specialist area;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely;
- The ability to critically analyze source material and judge the clinical relevance of information on medicines;
- Ability to work effectively within a team and to organise own workload.
- Evidence of writing or editorial experience;
- Understanding/appreciation of digital publishing;
- Awareness of the UK and international markets for pharmaceutical, scientific and healthcare information.
Apply for Senior Clinical Writer - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly