Commissioning Editors - Careers in Pharmacy - London
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources.
How we work
- Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
- Committed to listening and learning
- Collaborative in our approach to success
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
As Commissioning Editor – Careers in Pharmacy, you will manage the Careers section of The Pharmaceutical Journal, the leading resource for pharmacists worldwide. You will employ your intimate knowledge of being a pharmacist to create compelling content that reflects the real challenges facing pharmacists at all stages of their career, from undergraduate students to retired pharmacists. This challenging role will give you the opportunity to profile interesting people, interview leaders in pharmacy and pharmaceutical science.
As a member of the Research & Learning team, you will help commission learning & CPD content that supports pharmacists in everyday practice, working to strengthen its position as the ultimate source of careers and learning information in pharmacy and the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Commission, edit and contribute content (including career features, profiles and Q&As) to expand the range of people & careers content across the online platform, while ensuring it is accurate, relevant and engaging for pharmacy professionals and reflective of the opportunities available across different sectors and levels. This includes content appearing in The Pharmaceutical Journal and Tomorrow’s Pharmacist;
- Provide advice to non-pharmacist colleagues on matters relevant to your knowledge and expertise as a pharmacist;
- To ensure that the right balance is maintained across the scope of content;
- Manage, contribute to, and influence the relaunch of one of The Pharmaceutical Journal’s most popular sections online;
- Build and maintain communication with the target audience of people & careers articles (including students and pre-registration pharmacists), and develop a range of expert contacts across sectors;
- Collaborate with the Editorial Production team and Managing Editor to ensure the smooth transition of people & careers content from the platform to print and digital issues, and collaborate with the Art Editor to ensure the highest quality in the visual presentation of the content, including image selection and creation of infographics;
- Engage with the target audience through social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and relevant pharmacy forums);
- Attend events and conferences where required and support the wider team in producing timely news and other relevant content, including social media output;
- Edit and publish blogs for The Pharmaceutical Journal and Tomorrow’s Pharmacist as required.
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of the role and is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties from time to time.
- Manage the delivery of the optimal volume and scope of people & career articles in line with the editorial strategy.
- Produce the agreed volume of people & careers content in line with the quality standards of PJ Publications.
- Position the PJ Publications’ people & careers section as the ultimate source for receiving careers and education advice in pharmacy and the pharmaceutical sciences.
- Other sections of PJ Publications benefit from ideas and intelligence relating to careers, career development and opportunities available across sectors.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
This is permanent full-time role:
- Personal responsibility and manage a section of pharmaceutical-journal.com
- Problem solving
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Managing budgets
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Should be a qualified pharmacist.
- Experience of working in, or knowledge of the various pharmacy sectors, including hospital, community, research and industry.
- An understanding of the needs of the target audience (pharmacy professionals) in relation to professional matters, careers and job information.
- Excellent commissioning and editing skills.
- Previous experience of Feature writing and development.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a demonstrable ability to work flexibly in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working in a combined print/online environment and managing a library of content.
- Proven ability to work to self-organise and work to tight deadlines.
DATE JOB DESCRIPTION AGREED: September 2017
CLOSING DATE: 06 OCTOBER 2017
Apply for Commissioning Editors - Careers in Pharmacy - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly