Professional Support Pharmacist - London
5 days left
- Job Type
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
- Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
- Committed to listening and learning
- Collaborative in our approach to success
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
To work as part of a multi-functioning team within the RPS Professional Support team providing professional advice and support tools, across a wide spectrum of pharmacy practice and professional development related issues.
1. Member Services
- To deliver accurate, timely and relevant advice and support to RPS members across all stages and sectors of practice, on pharmacy practice, professional development and related issues, in accordance with member needs.
- To develop and deliver high quality professional development and support resources, and professional standards and guidance that are valued and respected by users and relevant stakeholders.
- To support the delivery of the RPS Foundation Programme and Faculty support and resources, to ensure high quality professional recognition schemes for members to support their ongoing development.
- To prepare reports on the delivery of a RPS Support service, as directed by the Professional Support Manager.
- To contribute to the maintenance and review of systems, processes and operations for enquiry handling, and production of resources, and relevant aspects of the RPS Support service to ensure that they are fit for purpose and deliver quality, as directed by the Professional Support Manager.
3. Strategy and Policy
- To produce responses to external consultations on behalf of the organisation.
- To coordinate, assign and administer external consultations on behalf of the organisation, as directed by the Professional Support Manager
- To horizon scan and gather intelligence to inform the work of the RPS in line with the organisation’s business plan.
4. Other Activities
- To support the development of members of the Professional Support team to facilitate their personal learning and development.
- To work with relevant teams across the organisation on the delivery of mutual tasks/projects.
- To support the Professional Support Manager in developing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders and partnership groups.
- To undertake any activities and contribute to any project work that may be required as per demands of the department, as directed by the Professional Support Manager.
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time.
- Delivery of a high quality Professional Support service for RPS members
- Evidence of contribution to departmental processes and procedures to ensure an efficient RPS Support service
- Good quality professional development and support resources and standards guidance delivered within agreed deadlines and objectives
- Delivery of timely and accurate business reports
- Evidence of good working relationships with other RPS teams and relevant stakeholders
- Evidence of effective team work
- Motivated and able to work independently, under pressure and prioritise tasks/projects effectively
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Personal responsibility
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Pharmacist registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) with a minimum of 2 years post-qualification practice
- Knowledge and experience of working in either the NHS, industry or community pharmacy practice
- A good understanding of the core issues encountered in daily pharmacy practice in GB
- Excellent customer service skills including a high level of interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Ability to quickly and accurately assimilate information, and manage priorities in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to document information and maintain appropriate records
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with evidence of having produced quality resources.
- Demonstrable experience of team working
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience of developing and training others
- Good presentation skills and IT skills including MS word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience of one or more pharmacy sectors
- Experience of professional advisory services and/or information handling experience that is responsive to customer needs
- Experience and understanding of a service environment
- RPS Faculty member or currently working towards Faculty membership
Apply for Professional Support Pharmacist - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly