Editor in Chief of Integrated Healthcare Journal
BMJ and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) seek an Editor-in-Chief that understands the impact that a high quality scholarly journal can have on improving knowledge and practice in healthcare. The successful candidate will need to establish a vision for the journal to provide engaging and informed content for the target audience, with the aim of building its international reputation and profile.
The closing date for applications is 31st December 2017 . Interviews will be held in central London, UK, or via videoconference in early 2018. The term of office will be 5 years in the first instance.
The application should include your CV, a letter explaining your interest in the post and an outline of what your editorial policy and vision might be, including how you will differentiate this journal from existing competitor titles in the field.
Applications should be sent to Mark Stuart, BMJ Clinical Lead for Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Integrated Healthcare Journal
Integrated Healthcare Journal is a new online Open Access journal launching in 2018 by BMJ in partnership with the RPS.
It will unite patients and healthcare professionals to foster a unified approach to healthcare design and delivery. It will cover issues around integrated, multidisciplinary and patient-centred approaches to healthcare through topics such as prevention, management, education, cost-effectiveness and safety. The journal will be truly multidisciplinary and appeal to allied healthcare professionals, nurses, pharmacists and doctors. There will be a strong focus on co-design and delivery of healthcare with patients.
Being an Editor
The Editor-in-Chief will report to BMJ and the RPS but have final responsibility for the editorial content and strategy of the journal, with support from their appointed editorial team and the publishing team.
The role would suit someone with hospital, medical, nursing or allied health clinical experience. This individual should have stature in their field and ideally some editorial experience.
Editorial support and training will be provided, as well as a small annual
honorarium. The Editor-in-Chief should expect to spend up to a day in total each week on journal-related activities.
The main responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the highest possible quality of scientific content to augment the knowledge, impact and practice of clinicians involved in the field
- Developing and maintaining an internationally relevant and coherent scientific strategy and vision for the journal
- Building and maintaining a supportive team of highly qualified international colleagues to serve as members of the editorial board and reviewers
- Encouraging submission of high quality papers
- Ensuring the integrity of the review process and providing guidance to authors, reviewers and editorial team members as appropriate
- Developing procedures for effective triage and review of scientific manuscripts to ensure timely and excellent support is maintained for authors and reviewers
- Supervising the journal’s response to appeals, complaints, suggestions from readers and ethical problems regarding published work
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with relevant affiliated organisations to enhance the journal’s visibility and ensure it meets the needs of the readership
About BMJ and the RPS
BMJ advances healthcare worldwide by sharing knowledge and expertise to improve experiences and outcomes. Along with our renowned flagship title, The BMJ , we also offer over 60 specialty journals and a world leading collection of digital professional development resources. Our unique digital tools help healthcare professionals support decision and improve the quality of delivery. The RPS is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain and an internationally renowned publisher of medicines information.
We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit, to improve the health of the public and to secure the future of our members.
Apply for Editor in Chief of Integrated Healthcare Journal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly