Queen’s University Belfast
Lecturers Ref: 17/106021
School of Pharmacy
Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
The School of Pharmacy at Queen’s is rated first amongst UK pharmacy schools by the recent ‘London Times’ Good University Guide and similarly rated first on the research intensity measure in the last UK assessment of university research quality (REF 2014).
As part of a major expansion programme, we are seeking to recruit two outstanding scientists to join our Infection and Antimicrobial Resistance research theme further information can be found http://go.qub.ac.uk/InfectionAntimicrobialRes. Within this broad area, we welcome applicants whose programmes incorporate the use of state-of-the-art molecular microbiology, genomics or bioinformatic approaches to investigate priority areas including, but not limited to, antimicrobial resistance, antimicrobial stewardship, pathogenesis of infection, biofilm control, host-biofilm interactions and discovery of anti-biofilm agents from natural sources. In addition to developing an independent research programme, those appointed will contribute to relevant collaborative research and deliver innovative teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The successful candidate must have:
• PhD in Molecular Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology or other relevant discipline.
• A minimum of three years’ research experience at postdoctoral level in a relevant field.
• Recent, relevant publications in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are recognised internationally as being high quality, commensurate with experience.
• Research profile which is relevant to the research priorities and strengths of the School.
• Experience of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques.
• Experience of presentations at national and international meetings and conferences.
Full criteria can be found online at www.qub.ac.uk/jobs
Further information about the School can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/pha
Informal enquires may be directed to Dr Heather Anderson, email: email@example.com
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 17 January 2018
Salary scale: £39,992 - £52,132 per annum (including contribution points)
Closing date: Tuesday 5 December 2017