Analytical Chemistry Study Director
Analytical Chemistry Study Director
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e129/2017
Contract Type: Renewable fixed term contract
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2018
The Council of Europe www.coe.int and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) http://www.edqm.eu are looking for a driven and rigorous scientist with a degree in pharmacy or chemistry. The ideal candidate should also have experience in modern physicochemical analysis of medicinal products or substances for pharmaceutical use mainly acquired in a certified analytical laboratory (GMP / ISO 17025). If chosen, you will contribute to the European Pharmacopoeia by managing laboratory projects and studies and by establishing the corresponding reference standards. The European Pharmacopoeia is a single reference work for the quality control of medicines in 38 European countries and the EU and used in over 100 countries worldwide.
The main responsibilities of the job:
- prepares, co-ordinates, plans and follows up laboratory projects and studies; prepares and reviews test protocols; finalises laboratory reports;
- contributes to the development of analytical methods and evaluation of procedures to define qualitative and quantitative attributes of substances, preparations and methods;
- provides analytical (technical and scientific) expertise to elaborate suitable solutions to analytical problems in the laboratory and in respect of the establishment/production of reference standards;
- gathers and assesses information on attributes, quality and use of substances for pharmaceutical use and medicinal products;
- contributes to the activity of the assigned Groups of Experts and / or Working Parties of the European Pharmacopoeia;
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- higher education degree or qualification in pharmacy / chemistry. Other similar subject related to analytical chemistry may be accepted;
- significant proven professional experience in modern physicochemical analysis of medicinal products or substances for pharmaceutical use, including at least 2 years’ practical experience acquired in an analytical laboratory adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) or ISO 17025; knowledge of laboratory Information/Automation applications such as Chromatographic data systems (CDS) and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS);
- very good knowledge of English and basic knowledge of French;
- hold the nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
What we offer:
- a good insight into the European regulatory framework from the EDQM perspective and the opportunity to work in a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection - the Ph. Eur. is Europe’s legal and scientific benchmark for pharmacopoeial standards contributing to delivering high quality medicines in Europe and beyond;
- the chance to work in a multinational/multicultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- highly competitive, income tax free salaries - monthly salary from € 4 629,07 , an attractive benefits package including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
More details and information on the recruitment process to apply can be found on our Employment website http://www.coe.int/web/jobs. Applications must be submitted by 15 January 2018 (midnight Central European Time) at the latest. Please note we only accept applications posted via our online recruitment website https://www.coe-recruitment.com/index.aspx?Lang=en.