Busy Pharmacy located in a Doctor's surgery is looking for a motivated Pharmacist with a high degree of responsibility, focus on patient care, good customer service and the ability to work in and help train a team of several support staff. Must be interested in delivering and building Pharmacy services. Should be able to demonstrate capability of working within scope of Pharmacy SOPs and regulations, and guiding staff to work to the same standards.The candidate must be a registered Pharmacist with the GPhC and ideally have prior experience of working in a busy retail Pharmacy environment. Should hold accreditations for MURs, Repeat Dispensing and Smoke Stop; provision of other services would be welcome.Good knowledge of Information Technology is essential, including, but not limited to: Windows, Word, Excel, Email, Pharmacy PMR systems, EPOS systems, online wholesaler systems, iPads etc. Fast learner who strives for improvement in all areas.38 hours per week. Must be prepared to cover shifts between 06:30 and 23:30 Monday to Saturday, possibly Sunday in future.
- Ensuring Pharmacy services are delivered in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Implementing the Pharmacy SOPs and ensuring staff work to these procedures.
- Adhering to clinical governance.
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the pharmacy, and high quality provision of services to patients.
- Oversight of other members of staff, including organising, supporting and assessing staff training.
- Implementation, support and oversight of pharmacy services. Attendance of any necessary courses to provide pharmacy services, and ensuring that members of staff are sufficiently trained to support the business.
- Developing professional relationships with staff, patients and other HCP.
- Drive business forward and increase revenue.
- Duties falling under the role of a Responsible Pharmacist during the day-to-day running of the Pharmacy, such as management of dispensing, delivery service and shop sales and the provision of other pharmacy services.
- Management of stock, including the appropriate ordering of Prescription, OTC and standard shop items via various wholesalers.
- Delegation of general duties such as dispensing, serving customers in the shop area of the store, stock replenishment and date checks, cleaning, tidying and recycling etc, appropriately and efficiently.
You may be required to carry out other duties within your capabilities and level of responsibility in order to meet the business needs and the requirements of the GPhC.
Would consider candidates that are interested in less hours as a third pharmacist.
Apply for Community Pharmacist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly