Pharmacy Technician - Falkland Islands Government
Falkland Islands Government
SALARY: range from £23,440 to £28,945 per annum plus 25% gratuity and other benefits. 2 year fixed term contract.
Salary on appointment subject to qualification and experience.
The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment set in the South Atlantic Ocean. We are offering an exciting opportunity for a qualified Pharmacy Technician who would like to live and contribute to this friendly community. The Falkland Islands benefits from unique wildlife, negligible pollution, low crime rates, the absence of traffic jams, a varied social calendar and the close proximity of South America and Antarctica as holiday destinations.
Time to care
Our hospital in Stanley has 29 beds and provides in-patient care to all patients needing admission, whatever their age or condition. Our clinical standards are high. We have zero hospital acquired infections and zero preventable pressure sores. This is due to the excellent standard of care we provide. Our Pharmacy supports all the hospital activity, primary care, dental services and the community. As the only Pharmacy on the Islands this small team offer an essential service to our local population and visitors.
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Pharmacy Technician to assist the Pharmacist in providing this service. This person also has an important role to play in health promotion activities and effectively managing pharmaceutical stock.
You will be working in a supportive and friendly team, in a hospital that take great pride in providing excellent clinical care. You will find a varied and interesting role here, and an opportunity to provide excellent care for your patients.
We are looking for a qualified Pharmacy Technician who:
- Has the appropriate qualifications - NVQ 3 in Pharmacy Services or accredited equivalent qualification
- Is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) or equivalent.
- Has 5 years’ experience working as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Has good written and verbal communication skills
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude enabling a solution focus at work
- Is calm and able to work under pressure
We offer an attractive benefits package including-
- excellent starting salary between £23,440 and £28,945, depending on qualifications and experience,
- relocation grant,
- a 2 year contract with a lump sum gratuity of 25% at the end
- lower tax than the UK,
- 30 days holiday a year plus 11 public holidays,
- Flights out and back, and mid contract
- Comfortable furnished accommodation is available to rent
Deadline for Applications is 16th of April.
For further details, a job description and an application form please contact:
Recruitment Officer at the Department of Human Resources, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands.
Phone: +500 27420