Field Based Mental Health Clinical Pharmacist's
Our client is a provider of specialist pharmacy services to mental health hospitals (and associated care facilities) in various locations across the UK. They provide a comprehensive ‘one-stop-shop’ solution to satisfy all the pharmaceutical care needs of this sector. Medication is dispatched and distributed daily by secure courier. On-site pharmacy support services are provided by both technicians and pharmacists, and include MDT clinical input, chart review, training, support on medicines management, medication audits, etc.
They operate from modern and spacious premises in Chester which are not open to the general public. They have a large and well-motivated team and are proud to be an accredited ‘Investor in People’, organisation, who strive to achieve excellence in all the services they provide.
We are looking for Mental Health Clinical Pharmacists to join them for an exciting new contract they have been awarded. You will be joining the field based team undertaking regular weekly sessional visits to independent hospitals. Due to the independent hospitals not having access to their own in house Pharmacy, therefore you will play a vital role in upholding clinical governance, medicines management practices and ensuring availability of stock.
Duties will include: -
- Provision of clinical advice and information to clinicians and nurses, and patient one-to-ones.
- Review of prescription charts and identification of appropriate interventions
- Recording and reconciliation of stock levels of controlled drugs
- Assessment of medicines management standards including correct storage, handling, ordering, disposal, recording and administration
- Monitoring and reporting of medication errors
- Monitoring of medication levels to ensure they are maintained in accordance with guidelines, stock is rotated, expiry dates observed etc.
- Provision of medication training
Appropriate training and support will be provided.
We welcome applications from both community and hospital pharmacists
- At least 2 years’ post-registration experience
- Well-developed clinical pharmacy skills
- Excellent inter-personal and presentational skills
- The desire and motivation to undertake personal development in a specialist therapeutic area
- A qualification in either clinical pharmacy or mental health pharmacy is advantageous but not essential
- Availability of a car, possession of a current driving licence is essential
Full-time and part-time opportunities available. The routine on-call service will be provided through head office but you will be required to provide occasional emergency on-call telephone support for our clients.
In return for your expertise you will receive:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 5 weeks per year plus bank holidays
- Two days paid leave for CPD per year (pro-rata)
- Reimbursement of GPhC retention fees
- Reimbursement of CMHP membership fees
- Company phone and laptop