BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
Registration with The Bermuda Pharmaceutical Association is mandatory for this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receiving, interpreting and evaluating all medication orders for patient specific drug-related problem, following established policies and procedures. Consulting with medical staff/nursing as the need arises
- Dispensing narcotics and assisting with maintaining the perpetual inventory records
- Checking all manufacturing, packaging and dispensing of the technical staff
- Adhering to all IV Room policies and procedures (e.g. preparation, storage, dispensing, cleaning schedule) including working knowledge of aseptic technique and the ability to prepare sterile IV products and chemotherapeutic agents
- Providing drug information to other healthcare professionals
- Providing liaison services to designated areas as directed by the Clinical Pharmacy Manager. Including performing profile checks, medication area inspections and participation in multidisciplinary rounds and consults as required
- Providing coverage of the Outpatient Pharmacy and MWI Pharmacy as the need arises
- Mentoring pharmacy technicians, preregistration pharmacists, undergraduate pharmacist and seconded to the post holder for experience in the area which the post holder is responsible
Qualifications & Registration required:
- Graduate of a recognized School of Pharmacy
- Post Graduate Clinical Qualification – UK recognized M Clin or US recognized Pharm.D; Clinical residency
- Registered Pharmacist License with the Bermuda Pharmaceutical Association and with the Supplement to Medicine –Bermuda Government
- Minimum of two years of pharmacy experience in a similar hospital setting/position
- Experience in supervising/ mentoring professional and technical staff
This position participates in a shift rotation to include weekends and public holidays. Hours of work may change to meet the changing demands on the pharmacy services required. Some on call coverage will be required.