Aseptic Compounding Technician
Our client is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of niche medicines and services to the Healthcare sector. The Group operates through two divisions (Specials and Niche) and across 6 sites in UK and Europe, offering a portfolio of innovative and complementary products and services. They are a fast-paced, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation with great aspirations!
Within their Aseptic facility they prepare and supply products across a wide range of therapeutic areas and delivery systems. They’re an agile and reliable provider of named patient and batch-made aseptic products prepared to the highest quality standard and delivered UK-wide in less than 24hours.
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performing compound manipulation of Cytotoxics, Monoclonal Antibodies and CIVAS in a MHRA licensed aseptic facility;
- Following and promoting Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), standard operating procedures and all health and safety regulations such as COSHH and Health & Safety at Work Act;
- Assisting in all aspects of daily support operations (including cleaning, environmental monitoring, picking of raw materials etc.);
- Ensuring all aspects of stock replenishment, decontamination and environmental monitoring are complete in a timely manner;
- Checking the accuracy of technical aspects of the assembly of work trays following satisfactory completion of the departmental training programme;
- Adhering to stringent documentation procedures ensuring accuracy, retrieval and audit trail;
- Complying with Company out of specification and deviation procedures;
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience of aseptic compounding working within a licensed facility or under a section 10 exemption;
- Be able to prioritise their day to day activities, managing their own time and available resources, to enable successful completion of departmental objectives.
- Work as a team fostering a supportive and comprehensive culture in which strong relationships are built;
- Work with professionalism continually considering the needs of customers, employees and the greater organisation;
- Adopt a positive attitude towards responsibility and maintain trust, admit mistakes and do what is right;
- Display a ‘can-do’ attitude to drive and meet departmental demand. Work across departmental boundaries and breakdown internal barriers listening and learning from one another ensuring determination to achieve results;