Addaction Lincolnshire is looking to recruit an experienced and highly motivated Pharmacy Technician to work within the Substance Misuse community setting.
The Lincolnshire Addaction Community Service offers multi tiered drug and alcohol services for adults and young people across the county. Open access clinics operate across three main resource sites at Lincoln, Boston and Grantham as well as satellite sites across the county to ensure that residents of rural Lincolnshire have access to treatment. A full range of services are available, including psychosocial interventions, 1-2-1s, group work, clinical interventions, mutual aid, volunteer opportunities, Needle and Syringe Programme, shared care, Complex Care, Hospital Liaison and Assertive Outreach. Lincolnshire’s client caseload stands at approximately 2,300. Lincolnshire Addaction will also be overseeing the supervised consumption programmes for all participating pharmacies across the county from April 2018 onwards.
The role will include supporting the delivery of high standards of clinical practice in accordance with up-to-date, evidence based professional practice by supporting the Senior Pharmacist and Service Manager. Our teams will be working to deliver a recovery focused service to individuals whilst supporting their return the community.
The role will include the following:
- To be responsible for managing the data on Pharmoutcomes and ensuring all details are complete and correct by pharmacies to ensure payments are approved and made.
- Highlighting missed doses by looking at Pharmoutcomes and other prescription/medication issues to Senior Pharmacist/Clinician as well as liaising with Pharmacies in relation.
- To complete incident reports to record and highlight incidents which have occurred where appropriate.
- Having an oversight of the Needle and Syringe Programme (NSP) and data related to that to ensure payments are approved and made.
- To liaise with general practitioners, secondary, and community pharmacists and to escalate to Senior Pharmacist as appropriate to improve the pharmaceutical care of patients.
- Follow relevant procedures for Medicines Management in order to deliver the service in a safe and effective manner.
- To manage stock control and replenish supply on sites and to review the stock list regularly with the pharmacist, nursing team and operations manager where appropriate.
- Identify potential problems regarding the lack of availability of medicines for individual prescriptions, seeking advice from the pharmacist on suitable alternatives or agreed delivery timetable.
- To support the service in implementing cost reduction initiatives and collecting data to assess outcomes.
- Participate in the training of staff regarding medicines management service and correct procedures to follow within the service.
- To encourage better pharmaceutical understanding throughout the primary health care team, including training of GP’s practice nurses, practice staff, attached staff, community pharmacists and pharmacy staff
- Provide professional medicines management advice to GPs, practice nurses, community pharmacists, community nurses and other health professionals to promote the safe, effective and high quality, cost effective use of medicines in all prescribing decisions.
- Supporting the prescribing/ prescription management processes across the Lincolnshire service.
Addaction Lincolnshire has three main hub sites; Lincoln, Grantham and Boston and numerous satellite sites spread across the whole county. This role will be countywide.