CARE QUALITY COMMISSION
- Pharmacist Specialist
- Salary: Grade A - £49,966 National
- Directorate: Primary Medical Services
- Function: PMS - Medicines Optimisation
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours of Work: 37
Home based in Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, South Lincolnshire area
**Please note that this role will include regular travel within the region**
CQC is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve. We monitor, inspect and regulate services to ensure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find to help people choose care.
As a Pharmacist Specialist you’ll be part of a dynamic Medicines Optimization Team providing specialist advice and expert knowledge to support inspection, registration and risk management across the organisation. You will be leading and promoting CQC’s medicines optimization agenda in all health and social care services.
As a natural leader, with excellent presentation skills, you will proactively take the lead in specifically allocated areas to support and advise inspections teams in predicting, identifying and prioritizing medicines risks within their portfolios. You will routinely provide training and support for CQC representatives for issues relating to medicines optimization and actively engage with key external stakeholders to promote the safe management of medicines.
We are looking for an experienced pharmacist with expertise in hospitals, mental health services, care homes, primary care and services delivered to patients at home. A key skill will be the application of medicines optimization principles across all registered settings so adaptability and a strong commitment to continuing professional development are required.
For further information and to apply for this role, please visit https://jobs.cqc.org.uk/templates/cqc/jobdetail_Pharmacist-Specialist_3576.aspx
Closing date for this role is 11.45pm on 2nd April 2018.
Please note that we are also keen to hear from anyone who is interested in joining our Specialist Advisor (SPA) team. For further details of our ad-hoc SPA roles, please email email@example.com
External Candidate Information
• Please provide referee details for a full 3 year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
• Please note that if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of this vacancy closing, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications being received across all of our vacancies, we are unable to provide individual feedback at application stage.
• We must also inform you that, in line with the majority of government organisations, we do not pay travelling expenses for interviewees.
CQC are currently not able to accept applications from anyone requiring Tier 2 sponsorship because there are currently no Tier 2 vacancies.