Junior Laboratory technician (Analytical Chemistry and Biology profiles)
Junior Laboratory technician
(Analytical Chemistry and Biology profiles)
Contract Type: Renewable fixed term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e6/2018
Deadline for applications: 19 April 2018
The Council of Europe www.coe.int and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) http://www.edqm.eu are looking for driven and rigorous Laboratory technicians with a recognised national diploma. The ideal candidates should also have practical experience in a laboratory adhering to GMP / ISO 17025. If chosen, you will contribute to the European Pharmacopoeia by performing reliable laboratory testing of medicinal products. The European Pharmacopoeia is a single reference work for the quality control of medicines in 38 European countries and the EU and used in over 100 countries worldwide.
The main responsibilities of the job:
- prepares, sets up and runs analytical tests on substances for pharmaceutical use and medicinal products in accordance with pre-defined analytical procedures and protocols and in compliance with laboratory safety and quality standards;
- applies appropriate analytical procedures and protocols to check and monitor the quality and fitness for purpose of reference substances;
- completes laboratory test records and files; reports the analytical results obtained;
- maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation (including calibration and verification); may be responsible for specific items of analytical equipment;
- participates in meetings and working groups, and follows-up on actions agreed;
- contributes to the Quality Management System and the maintenance of ISO 17025 accreditation;
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- Completed full course of general secondary education and appropriate recognised national diploma for a laboratory technician in chemistry / biology / biochemistry or equivalent;
- Proven practical experience in physicochemical / biochemical analysis including at least 1 year practical experience acquired in a laboratory adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) or ISO 17025 such as an official medicines control laboratory, a University laboratory, the laboratory of an official organisation or a laboratory of pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetic or food industry;
- Good knowledge of one of the official languages (English or French) and working knowledge of the other;
- Hold the nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
What we offer:
- a good insight into the European regulatory framework from the EDQM perspective and the opportunity to work in a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection - the Ph. Eur. is Europe’s legal and scientific benchmark for pharmacopoeial standards contributing to delivering high quality medicines in Europe and beyond;
- the chance to work in a multinational/multicultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- highly competitive, income tax free salaries - monthly salary from € 3 434,14, an attractive benefits package including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
More details and information on the recruitment process to apply can be found on our Employment website http://www.coe.int/web/jobs. Applications must be submitted by 19 April 2018 (midnight Central European Time) at the latest. Please note we only accept applications posted via our online recruitment website. For more information and how to apply, please click the Apply button.