Director of Innovation and Enterprise
DIRECTOR OF INNOVATION & ENTERPRISE
In this role, you will be accountable for the leadership and strategic direction and oversight of the operation, management and delivery of the Society’s innovation and enterprise functions.
As part of the Executive Leadership Team this role will be responsible for stimulating an environment for innovation and entrepreneurship and supporting the commercial activities of the Society by promoting and developing a strong brand for RPS International along with other initiatives that the Society may wish to pursue.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
Committed to listening and learning
Collaborative in our approach to success
Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
Over the next 5 years, our activities and resources will be focused on delivering six strategic goals.
1. We will improve the public’s health and wellbeing
2. We will be the professional voice of pharmacy
3. We will support the education and development of pharmacists
4. We will be a global publisher of medicines information
5. We will drive and support research and innovation in medicines and healthcare
6. We will be a viable and sustainable organisation
- To evaluate, develop and where appropriate, support, the exploitation of intellectual property,
- effectively working with other functions within RPS along the innovation pathway, from conception
- of innovation through to its eventual commercialisation, adoption, and dissemination, where
- Determine the most appropriate route for commercialisation and progress the development of
- innovative products and services.
- Carry out market research and market entry feasibility studies, in support of the assessment of the
- clinical or commercialisation potential of innovation.
- Undertake searching of published patent documents, and existing technology, in support of the
- assessment of the originality of the innovation and its clinical or commercialisation potential.
- Develop and deliver an international strategy which builds upon the foundations of existing relationships with pharmacy and medical professional leadership organisations around the world and identify new opportunities to work in partnership that furthers the professional and commercial ambitions of the Society.
- Work closely with the publishing function within RPS to ensure a coordinated offer for overseas customers is developed, where appropriate to do so, and ensure that global sales activities are not compromised through lack of coordination of effort across the functions of the Society.
- Develop a network of contacts within professional healthcare organisations, other Royal Colleges and Societies in order to identify and foster suitable partnerships.
- Provide clear guidance on matters relating to intellectual property and its management, as they
- arise and work closely with the legal function within RPS to ensure the best interests of the Society are preserved.
- Support and manage a portfolio of projects
- Provide clear guidance on routes to commercialisation as the need arises.
- Help to engender a culture of intellectual property and innovation awareness across the Society and our member functions and beyond.
- With support from the legal function, develop licences/assignments and other commercialisation agreements, to support the commercialisation of innovation.
- Develop collaboration agreements to support the commercialisation of innovation.
- Ensure that all personal ways of working
- Clear Innovation and International strategies are developed which are easily translated into implementation plans.
- The Society is viewed externally as being at the forefront of innovation within its field
- Revenue streams are increased
- Relationships with stakeholders are strong, mutually beneficial and sustained
- An active contribution is made as part of the organisation’s Executive Team
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Personal responsibility
- Executive level leadership
- Managing and developing people
- Managing budgets and resources
- Managing the organisation
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should visit our career site www.rpharms.com/about-us/work-with-us for a full Job Description.
Applications should consist of a CV and statement of support to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 09.00 on Monday 21 May 2018