Director of Pharmacy and Member Experience
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY & MEMBER EXPERIENCE
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Country Directors (and their teams) and the functional leads for the following; Professional Standards, Member Support, Marketing & Communications, Events, Professional Support, Consultations, Public Relations and Museum & Library
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
· Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
· Committed to listening and learning
· Collaborative in our approach to success
· Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
Over the next 5 years, our activities and resources will be focused on delivering six strategic goals.
1. We will improve the public’s health and wellbeing
2. We will be the professional voice of pharmacy
3. We will support the education and development of pharmacists
4. We will be a global publisher of medicines information
5. We will drive and support research and innovation in medicines and healthcare
6. We will be a viable and sustainable organisation
You will be accountable for the leadership of the functions and teams that support the pharmacy professional leadership elements of the Society. These include the teams led by the three Country Directors that work in support of the National Pharmacy Boards of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Develop and implement the Society’s professional leadership strategy ensuring that it reflects the policies developed by the National Boards and as agreed with the Assembly and Chief Executive
- Develop and implement a membership recruitment and retention strategy that meets the needs of the organisation
- Efficiently manage the member renewal process
- Develop and implement the professional leadership function’s operating plan and annual workplan in alignment with the Society’s key objectives and overarching strategic plan
- Lead the Country Directors and their teams to ensure that the National Boards are able to function effectively in order to represent their members and meet their obligations under the Society’s governance arrangements
- Work closely with, and in support of, other functions - notably Education and Professional Development, Science & Research teams to ensure that programmes meet the needs of the membership and are accessible
- Ensure that RPS professional services are truly aligned to members needs and that the organisation takes a ‘members first’ approach to every interaction
- Lead the Events team to deliver a series of events that members want and which operate at break-even at a minimum unless agreed by exception with the Chief Executive
- Lead the development and implementation of the brand proposition in accordance with the vison, mission and purpose of the organisation and ensure that brand guidelines are developed and followed across the organisation
- Support the Local Practice Forums to deliver a great local member experience while raising the quality of events and enabling local volunteer leaders to deliver against an agenda that compliments the strategic objectives and business plan for the Society
- Provides coordinated support for GB wide policy, working closely with and supporting the three national teams and Boards for England, Scotland and Wales, and contributing to a comprehensive library of accurate and timely policy documents and position statements and delivering the RPS endorsement service.
- Accountable for ensuring a coordinated organisation wide process of responding to external consultations, supporting the leadership role of the organisation through working with experts and partnership specialist groups.
- Accountable for coordinating and approving RPS endorsement of support tools, guidance and events from other organisations and groups including Royal Colleges, stakeholders and partner groups.
- Supports the leadership role of the organisation through working with stakeholders, health organisations and pharmacy bodies and representing the organisation on stakeholder groups and projects.
- Accountable for ensuring the provision of a range of professional support and development services including a professional support enquiry service, professional support tools and relevant supporting information resources delivering advice and support to RPS members across all stages and sectors in accordance with member needs.
- Accountable for the delivery of higher level professional standards and guidance, and ongoing implementation and support for standards and guidance, working with experts and other stakeholders, in order to lead and support the profession in achieving the highest possible levels of practice
- Ensure that all personal ways of working and those of your team are consistent with the values and culture expected within the Society
- The Society is viewed externally as being at the forefront of leadership within the profession, which increases membership recruitment and retention
- High quality Society-wide policies are produced that are applicable to all members and the profession, irrespective of national boundaries.
- All teams within the Professional Leadership and Member Experience directorate are working in alignment towards the function’s workplan, which is aligned with the Society’s overarching strategy
- Relationships with stakeholders are strong, mutually beneficial and sustained
- An active contribution is made as part of the organisation’s Executive Team.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Personal responsibility
- Managing and developing people
- Managing budgets and resources
- Managing the organisation
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Pharmacy degree, with ideally 10 years of experience in practice (desirable)
- RPS member and RPS Faculty member (desirable)
- Experience in marketing functions or in branded product development (desirable)
- Proven track record in managing and developing a team
- Significant experience in management, prioritisation, balancing competing demands and delivering in line with objectives and quality
- Experience and understanding of a service environment
- Evidence of having produced high quality written professional support resources at a national or regional level
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and able to work according to strategic direction.
- Experience and awareness of governance, financial management and risk management
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of coaching and developing others
- Ability to motivate others to deliver
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should visit our career site www.rpharms.com/about-us/work-with-us for a full Job Description.
Applications should consist of a CV and statement of support to email@example.com
Closing date: 09.00 on Monday 21 May 2018