Subeditor - 6 month FTC
Subeditor (6 month fixed term contract)
We are pleased to be recruiting for a Subeditor on a 6 month fixed-term contract. This is a unique opportunity to develop skills within the publishing sector within a highly rewarding industry.
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the
future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and
influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional
guidance, networks and resources
How we work
Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
Committed to listening and learning
Collaborative in our approach to success
Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
About the role
Subeditor on a 6 month fixed term contract
Working closely with the subeditors and editors, your role will be to ensure our content is precise and
presented in the best possible way to our readers in both print and online. You will write punchy
headlines and interesting captions, as well as insist on proper grammar, correct spelling and catch any
typos. You will sharpen language and cut clichés.
We are developing a new platform that will change how we work and transform our user experience.
And you will be integral to this process. Working with the Managing Editor, you will strive to improve
how our content is discovered and experienced.
- Subedit news and expert commentary to ensure it reads well and adheres to house style;
- Subediting scientific and clinical copy to ensure content is free of errors;
- Fact check sources and identify statements at risk of libel
- Write headlines and standfirsts that get to the crux of a story and lure the reader in
- Write picture captions
- Liaise with reporters, expert authors and editors
- Prepare print orders, liaise with printers
- Employ keywords for SEO
- Fit digital-first content to print template
- Tag content for semantic enrichment
- Proofread print and online pages
- Ensure smooth flow of article through production
- Ensure the best possible presentation of content in print and online
- Improved quality of content in a digital-first workflow
- Publications produced, published and distributed according to schedule
- Increased traffic to the website by proper usage of keywords
- Constructive and effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Successful implementation of the production workflows under the supervision of the Managing Editor
How to apply
Candidates should apply with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, visit our Career site on rpharms.com/about-us/work-with-us
We look forward to hearing from you!