Location: London Office
Reports to: Associate Publisher
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
• Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
• Committed to listening and learning
• Collaborative in our approach to success
• Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
The Content Editor will be responsible for product development – they will research and commission new print and electronic products, project-manage print and electronic products in development and support the product development team.
1. Research and commission new online content: duties will include market research, contract negotiation, business proposals and financial validation and revalidation.
2. Undertake the day-to-day project management of the content – organising, tracking and monitoring all stages of editorial work from research and commissioning stages through to handover for production.
3. Handle new material supplied by external contributors and editors, revising, updating, and checking as necessary in order to meet publication standard and styles and, where necessary administering the peer review process for the content (including sourcing competent reviewers)
4. Maintain regular communication with internal and external stakeholders – meeting and liaising with authors, editors and contributors and with internal colleagues.
5. Carry out regular research into the pharmacy market to inform product development including surveys and focus groups and sharing those findings with PhP colleagues.
6. Centrally co-ordinate the administration for the product development team and projects.
7. Attend academic/hospital visits, courses, meetings, conferences and exhibitions both nationally and internationally to represent Pharmaceutical Press as required.
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time.
• Development and handover of high quality products according to schedule
• Commissioning of online content according to targets and budget
• Good working relationships and communication with all key stakeholders: authors, editors, and other team members/ internal staff
• Effective organisation and tracking of projects with excellent record keeping
• Able to demonstrate sound knowledge of the market
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
• Personal responsibility
• Achieving results/delivering performance
• Problem solving
Behavioural competency Level required – ops, mgr, senior mgr
Strategic perspective Ops
Delivering a member and customer focussed service Ops
Planning and organisation Ops
Openness to change Ops
Negotiating and influencing Ops
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
• Demonstrable editorial experience in academic scientific publishing preferably in a journals environment
• A relevant degree
• Experience in commissioning and list management
• Excellent project management skills, organisational and administrative skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good IT literacy using standard computing software and the Internet (must have excellent knowledge of Excel and Word)
• Good research and information gathering skills with ability to assimilate and disseminate complex information
• Excellent written English