Professional Development Pharmacist Wales
Professional Development Pharmacist - Wales
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
- Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
- Committed to listening and learning
- Collaborative in our approach to success
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
A member of the RPS Professional Development Team providing support for the development, delivery and evaluation of RPS Professional Development programmes in Wales in collaboration with partners and accredited providers.
- To work with external stakeholders and partners in Wales to deliver transition programmes for pharmacists working in new NHS roles in Wales, in line with the RPS Education strategy.
- To work with the RPS Faculty and Foundation team to deliver the RPS Pre-Foundation Programme in Wales, working with Cardiff School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences (CSP&PS) and relevant departments within RPS To support the Head of Professional Development in delivery of the RPS Roadmap advocacy and outreach strategy that results in awareness and engagement of all pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists in Wales and the Chief Scientist in line with scientist membership strategy. To deliver internal and external engagement and advocacy activities in Wales to raise awareness of RPS Professional Development Programmes, providing high quality support to members on all aspects of professional development. To work with relevant teams across the organisation on the delivery of mutual tasks/projects. To undertake any activities and contribute to any project work that may be required as per demands of the department, as directed by the Head of Professional Development.
- Evidence of supporting the development of a Knowledge and Capability Guide for pharmacists working in GP practice and the implementation of the transition programme.
- Evidence of engagement and uptake of the guides and programmes at an NHS pilot site
- Evidence of the delivery and initial evaluation of a Pre-Foundation Programme pilot, working with Cardiff School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences(CSP&PS) within agreed deadlines and objectives
- Evidence of supporting the development of other Knowledge and Capability guides as new roles emerge.
- Delivery of timely and accurate business reports
- Evidence of good working relationships with other RPS teams and relevant stakeholders (including RPS Affiliated Partners / Expert Groups)
- Evidence of successful external engagement events, presentations and other relevant advocacy activities
- Evidence of effective team work
- Motivated and able to work independently, under pressure and prioritise tasks/projects effectively
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Personal responsibility
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
How to apply
We are always looking for talented members to join our organisation. If this role sounds interesting, and you are looking for your next challenging within a highly rewarding industry, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your most recent CV and a statement in support to our recruitment team at email@example.com.
For a full job description, please check our career site: www.rpharms.com/about-us/work-with-us