Pharmacist - Oncology/Haematology - Cambridge
Position: Pharmacist - Oncology/Haematology
Division: GenesisCare UK
Status: Permanent Fulltime or Part Time
The primary purpose of the role is
- Provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of patients
- Provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy and medicine management service to oncology patients and to ensure a consistent level of service in accordance to GenesisCare policies
- Provide expert advice, at a highly specialist level, on pharmaceutical matters in oncology
- Participate in the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines
- Provide clinical checking of chemo and final release to nursing staff.
GenesisCare’s vision is Innovating HealthCare. Transforming Lives.
- Collaboration - We achieve more together than we can apart. We use the power of the GenesisCare network for our shared purpose.
- Compassion - We care for our patients and each other. We seek to understand the lives of others.
- Innovation - We lead change to make healthcare better. Our courage will make a positive difference for others.
- Outcomes - We deliver quality. Finding a better way helps our patients, our people, our community and the organisation.
- Quality – deliver high-quality patient care
- Access – satisfy unmet need
- Efficiency – leverage the benefits of a network
GenesisCare is Australia’s largest provider of cancer and cardiac services and also the largest provider of private cancer services in the United Kingdom and Spain. The organisation treats more than 2500 patients every day in more than 150 locations across three countries and employs more than 2000 committed medical professionals and management staff.
Our combined purpose is to provide excellence in patient care, deliver superior clinical outcomes, and to continue to make a very significant impact on the current service-access gap in these non-discretionary areas of health care globally.
The Oncology/Haematology Pharmacist reports directly to the Principal Pharmacist.
There are no direct reports to the position of Oncology/Haematology.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the daily running of the Pharmacy Department, providing a safe and effective medicines management service to all patients, staff, consultants and customers
- Clinical checking and validation of prescription on Mosaiq
- Procurement and dispensing of SACT medicines in line with GenesisCare procedure
- Maintain stock level of medicines stock in pharmacy
- Ensure accurate and timely charging
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks
- Involve in the development and implementation of treatment protocols
- Involvement with local medicine management meeting
- Monitor patient parameters with regards to drug therapy using appropriate electronic
systems and advise on necessary amendments to drug managements
- Liaise with RMO, nurses, finance team and other to ensure smooth running of service
- Participate in mandatory training in accordance to GenesisCare policy
- Provide advice on the pharmaceutical aspects of the management of drug errors and medication-related clinical incidents in cancer treatments
- Attend or be available for consultant outpatient clinics to offer pharmaceutical advice and encourage adherence to GenesisCare policies
- Help to promote a culture of customer service throughout the pharmacy department, and identify areas for improvement as appropriate
Pharmacy technicians or Pharmacy assistant
Clinical and Scientific
Experience oncology and haematology.Understanding of protocols and regimens development
Quality and Safety
GenesisCare strives to continuously improve the quality and safety of our services and actively involve and inform patients and their carers in the healthcare they receive. This allows us to deliver the best care for our community.
Accountabilities for this position that relate to the above strategic goal are:
- Manage risk and actively work towards implementing risk reduction strategies
- Contribute to the development of an effective management and provide appropriate patient education
- Acknowledge responsibility for own actions and seek assistance when necessary
- Demonstrate knowledge/competency in performance of clinical skills relevant to level of expertise
Legislated individual Work Health & Safety Duties for all workers:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety
- Take reasonable care that any of your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others
- Comply, so far as you are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction given by GenesisCare that would allow you to comply with the relevant health and safety acts
- Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure of GenesisCare that has been notified to workers in relation to health or safety at the workplace
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Technical Skills & Expertise
- Hospital experience
- Dispensing medicines and experience of medicine management in a hospital setting
- Screening and checking systemic anti-cancer therapy (SACT) prescriptions
- Electronic prescribing
- Experience of clinical audit and/or practice research
- Experience of the production, promotion, implementation and Monitoring of protocols
- Patient management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail – ensure accurate recording of data, including patient drug history
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Able to plan and organise straight forward tasks and programmes, and ensure effective control of pharmaceutical stock
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Registered with GPHC
- BSc Pharm or MPHARM
- One year's preregistration training
- Further post-grad qualification in clinical pharmacy e.g. Clinical Diploma
- Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Member of BOPA
- Independent Prescriber
Apply for Pharmacist - Oncology/Haematology - Cambridge
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly