Technician II Pharmacy
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. We have an exciting opportunity available to join our team.
We are currently recruiting Technician II Pharmacy to join the Clinical Operations, internal Covance team, Leeds, UK. This is a full-time regular position.
We are looking for people interested in doing something different and working in laboratory with former working experience in clean room, biological safety cabinets or isolators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with receipt, storage, packaging, disposition, and retention of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs).
- Assist with maintenance and control of complete records with respect to API/IMP.
- Assist with dose preparation as appropriate.
- Assist with manufacturing/assembly/dispensing instructions and the generation of labels.
- Ensure the continued supply of any stock items.
- Maintain contact with any other organization that operates a supply function to pharmacy.
- Maintain an appropriate level of cleanliness and organization to the pharmacy.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and GMP/GCP requirements.
- Have understanding with all allocated protocols regarding API/IMP handling.
- Attend study meetings as appropriate.
- Assist the Pharmacist/Study Lead with Sponsor interaction.
- Assist with training of entry Pharmacy Technician.
- May be cross trained in study operations tasks.
Education / Qualifications
- Qualified Pharmacy Technician BTEC National Diploma OR equivalent training certificate:
- National Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- 2-4 years experience in hospital or industrial pharmacy OR 2 years experience in a GMP environment
- REQUIREMENT: 1-2 years of sterile, aseptic manipulation in a hospital or industrial environment (e.g. clean room within Grade A safety cabinets)
- A SIGNIFICANT PLUS: Any relevant clinical research experience would be an asset