About our Role
A new opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated Pharmacy Technicians to join our team on the Isle of Man. You will provide technical support on pharmaceutical matters and those pertaining to medicines management within a delegated area of responsibility on a routine basis, but also whenever required, to other specialist areas e.g GP Surgeries and Care Homes.
This purpose of this post is to support the medicines optimisation team in promoting safe, effective and economic use of medicines by:
- Implementing agreed prescribing change to ensure high quality and cost effective prescribing
- Providing advice to practice staff and care home staff on cost effective prescribing
- Developing and delivering training to practice teams, care home staff and other multidisciplinary staff as appropriate on the safe and efficient management of medicines. (e.g. repeat prescribing systems)
- Developing and delivering training of new and existing staff when required, in relation to core aspects of the primary care technician role, in particular care home and administration staff
- Promoting positive working between care homes, GP practices, community pharmacists and other health professionals in relation to medicines’ management
- Supporting practice staff in using the practice computer system in relation to prescribing management issues by sharing good practice
This involves communicating medicines related information and advice to patients and carers, consultants and their medical teams, and other healthcare professionals. Types of medicines related information include: direction for use of pharmaceutical products, side effects, adverse drug reactions, drug use in pregnancy, breast feeding, obtaining further supplies and any other related issues.
Please note a police check will be required for this post. Full valid driving licence and access to own vehicle is required. A job share may be available for this post.
More details of the duties of the post can be obtained from our Pharmaceutical Adviser on Tel No. 01624 642647.
About the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a self-governing crown dependency within the British Isles. The population of the Isle of Man is approximately 85,000. Those living on the Island, benefit from great lifestyle opportunities, open spaces, a safe environment, great education and a real sense of community. There are numerous events, clubs and societies in almost everything you can imagine, from cycling to sailing and kayaking to horse riding. Isle of Man residents benefit from lower tax rates than a lot of countries in the EU and a simpler, more efficient system of calculation.
The Island’s healthcare is provided by a National Health Service based on that in the United Kingdom but is independently financed and administered within the Isle of Man. Many of the changes brought about to the UK National Health Service, as a consequence of the extensive reorganisations of recent years have not been adopted in the Isle of Man.
You will be working within a supportive team all of whom are committed to improving outcomes for patients from our island population. If you would like to achieve a fantastic work/life balance with a professionally satisfying job whilst living in one of the safest, least congested and most beautiful parts of the British Isles then this is the job for you!
For further information about living in the Isle of Man and the Island’s lifestyle visit www.locate.im
In the Isle of Man Public Service we believe the benefits we offer our employees are important; from financial benefits to your Wellbeing and Development, we have a lot to offer.
How to Apply
For more information please see the attached job profile.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment and Employment Changes Team on 01624 686300 or by email at email@example.com