Clinical Writers X2
Calling all Clinical Writers!
This is a unique opportunity to work for the leading authority in health care and medicines information.
Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
- Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
- Committed to listening and learning
- Collaborative in our approach to success
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
Clinical Writer X2
We are looking for 2 Clinical Writers: 28 or 35 hours per week, 12 months FTC
We are looking for an experienced Clinical Writer to contribute to the creation of appropriate content for the various PhP products in order to maintain their positions as authoritative sources of information about drugs and medicines.
In addition, appropriately trained Clinical Writers may authorize content for release.
The job holder will have responsibility for the creation and delivery of a commercial product strategy for Pharmaceutical Press, with a particular focus on leading the development and delivery of new products and features that will grow existing and new markets.
- Contribute to content creation, including but not exclusively, searching for and selecting relevant information, organising and writing or checking content suitable for use in PhP products; taking clinical and professional responsibility for the accuracy, safety, and appropriateness of the content;
- Assist in the timely delivery of content both by managing contributions, where appropriate, and by processing material according to production schedules;
- Assist in dealing with experts in drug therapy, advisory committees, and other external contacts, by preparation of papers for board meetings and electronic forums, presentations in person, or other appropriate methods of communication;
- Develop and maintain links with the user community; both to ensure that the publications reflect current clinical practice and user requirements, and to support the future development of the content and its modes of delivery;
- May be required to represent the publications on relevant issues to external organisations;
- Under the guidance of the Content Manager (Development and Support), contribute to the quality assurance of products and content;
- If appropriately trained, may sign off content for release.
- Appropriate and timely selection or approval of content, delivered in a style appropriate to the publication;
- Quality of editorial work; minimal reworking and input required by colleagues;
- Meeting deadlines or renegotiating deadlines if necessary (but demonstrating an understanding of the limitations of rescheduling);
- Publication processes adhered to and maintained;
- Effective working relationships both with colleagues and external partners;
- Understanding of policies, procedures and remit of the various publications.
How to apply
To apply, please send us your CV, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our career site https://www.rpharms.com/about-us/work-with-us for further information.
Closing date is 13 November 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you!