Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
How we work
- Focused on delivering for members, patients and the public
- Committed to listening and learning
- Collaborative in our approach to success
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do
Decides and executes the visual presentation of the content, both in print and online for all publications.
1. Chooses / designs / commissions the cover art and design
2. Picture research and sourcing the right images for each piece of content
3. Overview on the page layouts both in print and online
4. Designs / commissions relevant infographics, in conjunction with the Chief Subeditor
5. Works on improving page templates in print and online. Establishes design templates - so that the magazine always has a recognisable look, no matter who lays out the pages
6. Sets the magazines’ overall visual style
7. Anticipates trends and presents proposals to make sure the magazine's design does not become stale
8. Works with external consultants towards redesigning and rebranding the publications for relaunch
Knowledge and Skills for this role
- Principles of graphic design and typography
- Creative, with a highly-developed visual sense
- Adept with Adobe Creative Suit
- Working knowledge of web publishing, CSS and html
- Strong communication skills
- Project management skills
- Budget management
- Information visualisation
- Picture research and commissioning
- Understanding of changing trends in magazine publishing
How to apply
If this role sounds like you, and you're up for the challenge in a fun, dynamic and team-centric environment, we'd love to hear from you!
For a full job description, please visit our career site at www.rpharms.com/about-us/work-with-us or send us your cover letter and CV to our Recruitment Team at Recruitment@rpharms.com