Associate Professor Pharmacy Practice
Job title: Associate Professor Pharmacy Practice
Reporting To: Professor and Head of the School of Pharmacy
Location: St Stephen’s Green campus
School: School of Pharmacy
Contract type/duration: Full time (permanent)
Closing Date for Applications: 4th February 2019
Date for interviews: 2nd April 2019
The full job description is on the RCSI careers page: https://my.corehr.com/pls/coreportal_rcsip/erq_jobspec_details_form.jobspec?p_id=017790
RCSI is seeking to appoint a senior leader to the position of Associate Professor Pharmacy Practice.
Established in 2002, the School of Pharmacy at RCSI has grown and developed substantially, is recognised for its innovation in teaching and research, and attracts high quality staff and students. It is part of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, and is situated on St Stephens Green, in the heart of Dublin, a city renowned for its vibrant and welcoming culture.
The successful candidate will be a leader with substantial experience of pharmacist education and training, an internationally recognised research profile and strong leadership experience. S/he will build on our success to-date, leading the delivery and continuous improvement of pharmacy practice in the undergraduate pharmacy degree programme at RCSI, ensuring excellence in clinical practice, education and practice related research.
The post-holder will report to the Head of the School of Pharmacy.
Objective of this post:
The principal objectives of the post are
- To lead the design, delivery and assessment of our educational programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- To lead and further develop pharmacy practice related research within the School of Pharmacy
- To further develop our relationships with our academic and clinical partners.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Leading and contributing to the ongoing development and implementation of the strategy for pharmacy practice research
- Securing funding so as to sustain a research group of postgraduate students and other research staff, with resultant publications in journals of high quality/impact
- Provision of support to pharmacy practice staff in the development of their research interests
- Fostering and further developing relationships with the School’s established network of community pharmacies hospitals within the RCSI Hospital Group and our other established clinical partnership hospitals
- Supervising postgraduate students to degree awards at both Masters and PhD level
- Leading the development and contributing to the delivery of pharmacy practice material in the undergraduate and post-graduate programmes, to include overseeing the design and implementation of their Teaching and Learning and assessment strategies
- Designing, delivering, assessing and evaluating interprofessional education activities across the Schools of Pharmacy, Medicine (including the Graduate Entry Medicine programme), Physiotherapy and Nursing & Midwifery
- Contributing to quality assurance/quality improvement and professional accreditation (national and international) of educational programmes
- Participating in overseas assignments as may be required from time to time
Person Specification Essential:
- Holds a qualification in pharmacy
- Has a doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline
- Internationally competitive research record, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in journals of high quality/impact and grant support
- Strong teaching interest and skill set, as evidenced by experience of, a proven track record in, and enthusiasm for undergraduate teaching and assessment in pharmacy practice
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has a track record in the effective leadership and management of teams
- The successful candidates core values and behaviours should demonstrate:
General Competencies Leadership competencies
Student and customer service Vision
Scholarship and excellence Leadership and respect
Collegiality and professionalism People Development
Innovation and flexibility Student and customer service
Planning and organising Excellence and Scholarship
Person Specification Desirable:
- Strong commitment to their own personal and professional development
- Has excellent time-management skills in order to effectively progress across all three domains of responsibilities (teaching, research and service)
- Has a proven ability for both independent and team work
Interview and Presentation
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a formal competence-based interview and a panel-based presentation at our main campus at RCSI Dublin.
Particulars of Post
This post is a full time permanent position. The appointee will report to the Head of School or nominee.
The remuneration will be within the following salary ranges:
- Associate professor: €92,857.00-€122,156.00
Informal enquiries are invited in the first instance through Maggie Walshe, Human Resources Department on 01 402 2287 (email: email@example.com). All applications for this post must be made through the careers webpage www.rcsi/careers. Maggie can arrange for relevant queries on the academic aspects of the role to be addressed the relevant person.