Who we are
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We advance the profession of pharmacy for public and patient benefit to secure the future of the profession and our members.
What we do
We lead and promote the advancement of science, practice and education in pharmacy to shape and influence the future delivery of pharmacy driven services.
We support and empower our members to improve health outcomes for society through professional guidance, networks and resources
You will manage the editorial production team - an Art Editor and three subeditors - to ensure the highest editorial standards of our publications are maintained.
You will manage publishing schedules, liaising with all editorial team to ensure the efficient flow of content through our various workflows. You will responsible for maintaining and optimizing our digital-first workflows and insisting on the consistent use of our taxonomy and for maintaining and developing our style guide.
Working with the Managing Editor, you will strive to improve how our content is discovered and experienced. You will liaise with suppliers, including printers paper merchants to manage the production of various publication on schedule and within budget.
- Manage the Editorial Production team, including Art Editor and up to three subeditors.
- Manage and maintain publishing schedule, ensure all content remains on schedule.
- Enforce the textual and visual editorial quality standards online and in print.
- Ensure the correct grammar, spelling, house style and tone of all published work, including fact checking, and ensure all content adheres to copyright laws and libel laws.
- Oversee, review and sign off all content appearing in print issues of The Pharmaceutical Journal andClinical Pharmacist.
- Write headlines and standfirsts that get to the crux of a story and lure the reader in.
- Approve advertising content to ensure published advertisements and inserts meet the standards and code of conduct expected of professional publications and that at all times remain within the law;
- Manage the production of editorially independent packages of content (including supplements, collections and ebooks that may be sponsored or sold as standalone products) are produced according to agreed specifications and schedules.
- Manage production budgets and assist in forecasting or reforecasting as required.
- Optimise digital first workflows.
- Add value to editorial content
- Successfully manage editorial production team
- Successfully maintain and improve the quality standards of the publications in print and online
- Improve the visual presentation of the content in print and online
- Gain insight from user analytics to develop our presentation and accessibility of our content.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB
- Personal responsibility
- Managing and developing people
- Managing budgets and resources
- Managing the organisation
- Achieving results/delivering performance
- Problem solving
How to apply
If this role looks like the right fit for you, please send us your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!