Medical Information Scientist
Job Title: Medical Information Scientist
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: London Bridge/Work from home
ESMS Global provides telephone-based 24/7 emergency services to the pharmaceutical and veterinary industries. The Emergency Scientific and Medical Services division provides Medical Information services and Clinical Trials information services for pharmaceutical companies.
This post is a part of the team providing Medical Information about pharmaceutical products to healthcare professionals and the public, as a service for pharmaceutical companies. Whilst pharmaceutical industry experience is desirable, all required industry training will be provided as part of the role with the opportunity to work from home following the training period.
Member of the medical information team providing high quality Medical Information to healthcare professionals and the public about pharmaceutical products, and handle Adverse Event and Product Quality Complaint reports in line with our clients’ requirements. To work with the Medical Information Manager to ensure the compliance of services to contract, internal procedure and quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests from healthcare professionals and the public for information on pharmaceutical products using standard responses, Summary of Product Characteristics and Patient Information Leaflets in a concise and timely manner.
- Identify Adverse Events and Product Quality Complaints and report promptly and accurately to clients in strict compliance with relevant procedures
- Make accurate, legible and complete records of enquiries
- Carry out quality checks of their own and their colleagues’ enquiry records
- Write and maintain working instructions and standard operating procedures and undertake other tasks to support the operation of the service
- Collaborate with training leads and MI manager to support creation and implementation of training programs, sessions and exercises
- Participate in the training of new recruits and junior members of the team, and provide one-on-one coaching and supervision of these staff.
- Provide assistance to the MI Manager in identifying, investigating and resolving quality issues.
- Act as operations lead for Medical information clients, work alongside the Project Manager to ensure delivery of the contracted services.
Education and professional development
The postholder is required to participate in an ongoing training programme in order to ensure familiarity with internal procedures and information resources, and to maintain up to date knowledge in the subject areas relevant to the service provided. Most training is done on the job using in house material and attending offsite training sessions provided by clients.
A degree in Pharmacy (essential)
The initial training period (6-8 weeks) will be office based in our London Bridge office. Following successful training period, remote (home working) may be considered on a full or part time basis for the right candidate.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org