37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
(Part time hours across Monday to Friday also available)
Hours to be worked between 8am and 8pm including participation in the dispensary rota
An exciting opportunity for a community or hospital pharmacist to broaden their experience as training and support will be given for the role
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Ltd, award winning company for the fastest-growing, privately owned pharma business in the UK, is expanding its homecare support team due to ongoing success. Pharmaxo provides clinical homecare services to a range of patients across the UK. Homecare pharmacy bridges the gap between community and hospital pharmacy, you will work as part of an established team to supply medicines to patients being treated within their own homes. Join us to expand your knowledge and experience in our interesting and supportive environment, an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified GPhC registered pharmacist.
Successful candidates must be GPhC registered Pharmacist or a pre-registration Pharmacist working within a pharmacy setting. Experience in clinical screening for prescriptions is desirable along with knowledge of aseptic compounding and homecare systems and practices. Good communication skills are essential along with excellent attention to detail.
About the role
Working within a team of pharmacists, and our highly experienced Accuracy Checking Technician, you will be based in our busy dispensary. You will be required to take responsibility for the supply of aseptically prepared products, including chemotherapy and immunological products, along with proprietary high cost medicines to patients being treated at home. You may also be responsible for the clinical screening of prescriptions for our homecare activity.
Duties and Responsibilities to include (but not exclusive to):
- Routine screening of oncology, haematology and other homecare prescriptions
- Delivery of an efficient, effective and quality driven pharmacy service, ensuring the team consistently meet the needs of all service users to the highest possible standard
- Training and developing the dispensary team by demonstrating leadership and leading by example
- Labelling, dispensing and accuracy checking of prescriptions
- SOP writing and review
- Providing advice and support to our Patient Services Team and patients
- Responsible Pharmacist on rota for the registered premises.
In return we offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary: £32,000 to £37,000, depending on experience and superb development opportunities
- 29 days holiday, increasing with service to 34 days, inclusive of bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Pharmaxo is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first”.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position or require more information, please send your Covering Letter and CV in the first instance to email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is Tuesday 25th June 2019.