Reports to: Chief Subeditor
Who we are
We are the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the professional membership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in England, Scotland and Wales.
What we do
We are champions of the profession, and internationally renowned publishers of medicines information.
We promote pharmacy in the media and government, lead the way in medicines research and information, and support pharmacists in education and development.
Together, we are pharmacy.
We put pharmacy at the forefront of healthcare.
To be the world leader in the safe and effective use of medicines.
Be inspiring. Be empathetic. Be relevant.
Decides and executes the visual presentation of the content, both in print and online for all publications.
1. Chooses/designs/commissions the cover art and design;
2. Picture research and sourcing the right images for each piece of content;
3. Overview on the page layouts both in print and online;
4. Designs/commissions relevant infographics, in conjunction with the Chief Subeditor;
5. Works on improving page templates in print and online. Establishes design templates so that the magazine always has a recognisable look, no matter who lays out the pages;
6. Sets the magazine’s overall visual style;
7. Anticipates trends and presents proposals to make sure the magazine's design does not become
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role
holder may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time.
• Increased appeal of the publications based on customer feedback;
• Improved visual quality of the content and products both in print and online;
• Increased stickiness of content;
• Increased volume of visual presentations of information.
• Personal responsibility;
• Managing budgets and resources;
• Achieving results/delivering performance;
• Problem solving.
Knowledge & Skills
• Principles of graphic design and typography;
• Creative, with a highly-developed visual sense;
• Adept with Adobe Creative Suite;
• Working knowledge of web publishing, CSS and html;
• Strong communication skills;
• Project management skills;
• Budget management;
• Information visualisation;
• Picture research and commissioning;
• Understanding of changing trends in magazine publishing.
How to Apply
Please send us your CV and supporting statement (cover letter) by visiting our career site here: https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/rpharms/vms/e/careers/search/new