Advanced Clinical Pharmacist (Biologics)
About the role
Applications are invited from suitably experienced Pharmacists to join our friendly team for this exciting new post of Advanced Clinical Pharmacist (Biologics).
You will have a key role in the development and strategic delivery of medicines management as it relates to biologicals, biosimilars and other high-cost medicines, including horizon-scanning and formulary input relating to these drugs; and will work closely with the Consultants in Rheumatology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology and Neurology, in order to deliver both clinical and cost benefits of medicines management.
It is essential that you have previous experience in a hospital pharmacy
- Contributing to the development and implementation of strategies to improve safe use of biological agents, including the safe introduction and transition from parent biologicals to biosimilars
- Actively contribute to the management of the drug budget in the principle specialties through drug expenditure monitoring, forecasting, drug use audits and feedback to Healthcare professionals and managers, to ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Participating in the delivery of medicines management by the staff within the Pharmacy Department on the Wards/Departments and external agencies, which are served by the Pharmacy.
- Maintaining high standards of pharmaceutical care and maintain good working relationships with all Healthcare professionals who receive pharmaceutical services; to help to promote the profile of the Pharmacy Department
- Contributing to the day to day operational running of the Pharmacy Department e.g. by assuming statutory professional responsibility whilst working in the Dispensary.
For further information on the duties of the post, please contact either:
- Mrs Carole Mosley, Lead Clinical Pharmacist (Oncology) – Tel 01624 650823 or email: Carole.Mosley@gov.im OR
- Dr Alan Pearson, Chief Pharmacist - Tel 01624 650830 or email: Alan.Pearson@gov.im
Please note a satisfactory enhanced police check will be required for this post.
MPTC (Manx Pay, Terms & Conditions) will apply.
The successful candidate should hold a full valid driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
Interview expenses and a relocation package of up to £7,000 based on receipts is available for this role.
For any further information on the relocation package please contact email@example.com.
To find out more about the lifestyle, culture and living/working on the on the Isle of Man please visit www.locate.im.
This role also qualifies for a recruitment incentive of £3,000 which will be paid in £1,000 instalments spread over two years.
Subsidised accommodation and assistance with housing costs may also be available.
For any further information on the relocation package please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All about the Isle of Man
The Isle of Man is a special place to live and work!
Those living on the Island, benefit from great lifestyle opportunities, open space, a safe environment, great education and a real sense of community. There are numerous events, clubs and societies in almost everything you can imagine. Isle of Man residents benefit from lower tax rates than a lot of countries in the EU and a simpler, more efficient system of calculation.
For further information about living in the Isle of Man and the Island’s lifestyle, check out our All About the Isle of Man booklet attached to this advert. In addition, you can also visit www.locate.im
National Insurance Holiday Scheme
The Isle of Man is offering a National Insurance Holiday Scheme which allows newly employed, relocated or returning residents to apply for a refund on their National Insurance contributions for their first year of living or returning to the Isle of Man, with refunds capped at £4,000. To see how this scheme could benefit you visit www.locate.im
The Isle of Man Public Service is an equal opportunities employer which supports and promotes flexible working. We understand its benefits in improving work-life balance and supporting health and wellbeing and, in its different forms; it is widespread throughout the Public Service. We are happy to discuss part-time or flexible working arrangements, including job share partnerships, for our roles (where possible) and if interested you should discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
How to Apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team on 01624 686300 or by email at email@example.com
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.
Find out more about where a career in the Isle of Man Public Service could take you at hr.gov.im/careers.