Junior Laboratory technician (Analytical Chemistry)
Contract Type: Renewable fixed term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e13/2020
Deadline for applications: 08/06/2020
The Council of Europe www.coe.int and its European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) http://www.edqm.eu are looking for a driven and rigorous Laboratory technician with a recognised national diploma. The ideal candidate should also have practical experience in a laboratory adhering to GMP / ISO 17025. If chosen, you will contribute to the elaboration of the European Pharmacopoeia monographs by conducting analytical studies for establishing the corresponding reference standards used for the quality control of medicines in 38 European countries and used in over 100 countries worldwide.
The main responsibilities of the job:
- prepares, sets up and runs analytical tests on substances for pharmaceutical use and medicinal products in accordance with pre-defined analytical procedures and protocols and in compliance with laboratory safety and quality standards;
- record, check and report the analytical results obtained;
- maintain, calibrate, verify and test equipment and instrumentation; may be responsible for specific items of analytical equipment;
- participates in meetings and working groups, and follows-up on actions agreed;
- contributes to the Quality Management System and the maintenance of ISO 17025 accreditation;
What we look for in someone to undertake this role effectively:
- Completed full course of general secondary education and appropriate recognised national diploma for a laboratory technician in chemistry or equivalent;
- Proven practical experience in physicochemical analysis including at least 1 year practical experience of conducting analytical testing in a laboratory adhering to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) or ISO 17025;
- Good knowledge of one of the official languages (English or French) and working knowledge of the other;
- Hold the nationality of one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to work in an ISO certified and accredited laboratory within a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection - the European Pharmacopoeia is Europe’s legal and scientific benchmark for pharmacopoeial standards contributing to delivering high quality medicines in Europe and beyond;
- the chance to work in a multinational/multicultural workplace – over 20 nationalities work at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- highly competitive, income tax free salaries - monthly salary from 3,611.51€ (Gross, as of 1 January 2020), an attractive benefits package including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
Applications must be submitted by 08/06/2020 (midnight Central European Time) at the latest.
For more information on how to apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button.