Director for Scotland
Up to now, this role has been based at our Edinburgh office, however post Covid-19 we expect to adopt new working practices and are willing to be flexible on location.
Who will you be?
You’ll be a visible, inspirational pharmacist willing to develop a high profile across the profession, wider healthcare and our stakeholders. You’ll provide a focal point for strategic leadership for our profession in Scotland and across GB, making members proud to be a part of our organisation. You will be a pharmacist adept at building relationships and networks.
We’re rapidly changing our ways of working as an organisation post lockdown and this presents an opportunity for candidates to be innovative about how they deliver what’s needed for this role.
What will you need to do?
You’ll be responsible for bringing RPS to life across Scotland in partnership with the Scottish Pharmacy Board. Driving professional leadership, you will work closely with senior stakeholders inside and outside of pharmacy delivering changer and taking our profession forward. Engaging with our members you will ensure the work of RPS is effective on behalf of members across the whole of Great Britain.
We need a Director for Scotland who can:
- Build positive and productive relationships with other senior stakeholders across healthcare and wider
- Elevate the work of RPS across Scotland making sure it delivers for the needs of our members
- Increase the visibility of pharmacy and RPS with policy makers and other healthcare professionals
- Engage with members and the wider profession
- Play a key role in guiding our teams across the whole pharmacy and member experience directorate
- Work closely with the RPS Scottish Pharmacy Board to improve their impact on behalf of members
- Foster close collaboration across the organisation - key to your success in this role.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic pharmacists as they are underrepresented within RPS at this level
What we need
- Someone who stimulates results and performance across the team
- Drives the vision for excellent member experience
- Network with key stakeholders both externally and internally to engage and influence
- Build, develop and sustain excellent working relationships and partnerships
- Committed to success and motivated to ensure continuous improvement
- A pharmacist with substantial senior level experience and broad experience of, or knowledge of, multiple sectors in pharmacy
What we offer
Join our friendly and collaborative work environment with an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include excellent work life balance, professional learning and development opportunities, 33 days holiday, with the option to purchase additional annual leave, Ride2work, subsided prices at our onsite restaurant, interest free season ticket loans and enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption pay.
This is a great opportunity to create strategic impact and achieve excellent results placing pharmacy at the forefront of healthcare and enabling us to be the world leader in the safe and effective use of medicines.
Who are we?
We are the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), the professional leadership body for pharmacists and pharmacy in Great Britain. We’re a forward-looking, progressive organisation with aspirational plans and have a vacancy in the critical and exciting role of Director for Scotland.
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
Applications close 5pm Monday 20th July 2020