Research Fellow in Pharmacy Practice
Queen’s University Belfast
Research Fellow in Pharmacy Practice
School of Pharmacy
We are recruiting for a Research Fellow in Pharmacy Practice who will be a member of Professor Carmel Hughes’ research group. The Research Fellow will contribute to a study focusing on the community pharmacy workforce’s preparedness for, and response to, the COVID-19 pandemic.
The successful candidate will:
• Conduct an analysis of pertinent policy and professional documentation to identify and review structural changes to community pharmacy practice in preparation for and/or response to COVID-19
• Undertake a structured questionnaire with community pharmacists to examine the immediate views and experiences of the pharmacy workforce regarding changes in community pharmacy practice/processes in preparation for, and response to, COVID-19
• Undertake qualitative interviews with a range of key stakeholders to explore perspectives and reflections on the community pharmacy workforce’s preparedness for, and response to COVID-19, including lessons for future public health crises
The successful candidate will be supported by the Faculty Postdoctoral Development Centre as part of a wider Queen’s offering which provides outstanding support to researchers.
The successful candidate must have:
• A degree in a relevant discipline eg Pharmacy, Epidemiology, Psychology, Social sciences etc
• Have or be about to obtain a PhD in a relevant discipline eg Pharmacy, Epidemiology, Psychology, Social sciences etc
• At least 3 years’ relevant research experience, which should include some experience in methodologies of relevance to the project, such as qualitative work, cross-sectional surveys, literature reviewing, and other mixed methods approaches
Salary: £33,797- £35,845 per annum
This post is available immediately until 30 September 2021
Closing date: Monday 28 September 2020
Anticipated interview date: Friday 9 October 2020
Informal enquiries may be directed to Mrs Tara Brown via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Pharmacy is part of the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences at Queen’s. The School is acknowledged as a leading centre for Pharmacy teaching and research in the UK. The School provides students with as authentic a learning experience and environment as possible. We have world leading research laboratories with the best technology in the industry. In the latest rankings in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 the School has been ranked 1st in Pharmacy and Pharmacology Research and 2nd for Pharmacology and Pharmacy.
Further information about the School and Group Leader can be found at
Queen’s University Belfast is a driver of innovation and talent based on excellence. Throughout the University, our academics collaborate across disciplines and with outside agencies and institutions on projects of world significance. We are connected and networked with strategic partnerships across the world, helping us to expand our impact on wider society locally, nationally and globally. The University is committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best global talent within an environment that enables them to realise their full potential.
We are a leader in gender equality and diversity, and are one of the UK’s most successful universities in the Athena SWAN initiative which promotes gender equality and career progression. The University and the School of Pharmacy hold an Athena SWAN Silver award in recognition of our commitment and success in addressing gender equality, representation, progression and success for all our staff.
We are ranked 1st in the UK for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (Innovate UK), 9th in the UK for University facilities (Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018) and 14th in the UK for research quality (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
Based in Belfast, a modern capital city, our beautiful campus is surrounded by abundant acres of parkland and is renowned as one of the safest and most affordable cities in the UK. There is an excellent range of local Schools from pre-nursery upwards and we are immensely proud of what our city and our University will offer you.
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria when you submit your application. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. We welcome applications from all sections of society and particularly from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but, in particular circumstances, may be renewed or made permanent, subject to availability of funding.