Scientific Programme Manager
Scientific Programme Manager
Salary: from €4 931 (grade A1) or €6 301 (grade A2) per month (gross)¹
Contract Type: Renewable fixed term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n° e9/2021
Deadline for applications: 08/04/2021
Are you ready to play a role in public health protection and to contribute to the quality of medicines worldwide? Would you be interested in taking part in elaborating the texts of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.), or working with Ph. Eur. reference standards or the Certification of Suitability procedure? Do you have a strong background in quality control or developing methods of analysis of substances and knowledge of regulatory requirements for medicinal products and/or their ingredients? Do you think you have the right mix of scientific, relationship-building and project management skills needed to facilitate exchanges with groups of experts, manufacturers from across the world or other scientific staff within the EDQM? If the answer to these questions is yes, don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join one of our teams!
Main responsibilities of the job: As Scientific Programme Manager at the EDQM you will plan, implement and assess scientific programmes related to substances for pharmaceutical use (excipients or active substances) and/or medicinal products in order to ensure the quality of medicines, working with experts from across Europe and beyond or other scientific staff at the EDQM. This could include you responding to stakeholder questions, drafting news items or scientific papers, developing and maintaining contacts with other scientific staff and with counterparts in relevant industries and scientific and regulatory organisations.
Please consult the vacancy notice for more details.
What we offer:
- a good insight into the European regulatory framework from the EDQM perspective and the opportunity to work in a leading international organisation in the field of public health protection - the Ph. Eur. is Europe’s legal and scientific benchmark for pharmacopoeial standards, contributing to delivering high quality medicines in Europe and beyond;
- personal growth through a range of learning & development options to improve your competencies including technical and language training, a structured induction plan and coaching, and access to over 70 online courses;
- a real cultural melting pot as there are over 20 nationalities working at the EDQM which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg;
- 32 working days leave per year and flexible working hours between 7h-19h and more flexibility through teleworking following completion of your probationary period;
- 1an attractive income tax-free salary and benefits package, including health insurance and additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate).
For more info please consult the Conditions of employment page.
For more information about the EDQM see our institutional video.
For more information on how to apply please click the “Apply” button.