· Preparing medications by reviewing/interpreting physician orders, detecting therapeutic incompatibilities and dispensing of the medications.
· Collaborating with health professionals/ physicians to discuss potential incompatibility issues with patient prescriptions and providing pharmacological information on drug therapies.
· Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending trainings & educational workshops (whenever required); reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Offering information/advice to assist patients in understanding how to properly take their prescribed medications and getting maximum benefit from their medicines including as potential side effects
· Assisting patients in solving problems (e.g. identifying old medication or finding an over-the-counter solution to minor health issues) and Advising them on the most effective treatments for a particular condition including those for sale without prescription
· Advising on dosage and suggesting the most appropriate form of medication such as tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler, ensuring that new medicines are safe to use with other medication and that patients use their medicines safely
· Accountable for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
· Supervise support staff in quality testing or dispensing medicines and Actively supporting their ((i.e. pharmacy staff, students & interns) development, education & training
· Work with the pharmaceutical staff to maintain a clean, safe, customer-friendly working environment
· Maintain accurate inventory of medications
· Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
· Complies with national drug laws as regulated by the pharmacy board & drug enforcement administration, maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
· Driving sales increase by up-selling to customers and achieving all set targets (e.g. MURs, Nominations, etc.)
· Providing at least 3 PGDs and delivery of all services the branch is accredited to provide
· Entering all claims for services provided and dispensed medicines as required promptly
· Completing all relevant tasks by a Responsible Pharmacist