Research Pharmacist required to work on pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiological studies
The post will be of particular interest to a pharmacist who is looking for a role in studying the safety of medicines in large populations (pharmacovigilance and pharmacoepidemiology). The successful candidate will work (with the appropriate level of supervision and mentoring) either on conducting studies assessing drug safety or conducting systematic reviews and methodological studies in pharmacovigilance.
- To conduct studies assessing drug safety or conducting systematic reviews and methodological studies in pharmacovigilance.
- Participate in other biomedical research activities on the causes, nature, mechanisms and distribution of adverse drug reactions.
- Take part in the concept development, protocol writing, analysis of research activities and the writing of papers intended for publication.
- Liaise with academic units, the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory authorities.
- Summarise research findings in peer reviewed journals. Attend and present research findings at national and international scientific meetings.
- Any other research duties as determined by the Director.