Are you interested in Genomics or Personalised Medicine?
Have a passion for project management and delivery?
Want to help advance in innovative healthcare services and make a difference to patient care?
If so, this might be the role for you!
Pharmacists will play a key role in genomics and personalised medicines across England, Scotland and Wales. The involvement of pharmacists and the broader pharmacy workforce will be critical to establishing the integral link between genomic testing, the use and optimisation of medicines and access to personalised medicines. Here at RPS we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team across Great Britain as a Genomics and Personalised Medicines Programme Lead.
You will work with subject matter experts and RPS members to develop a programme of work to advocate and support members and the wider profession in genomics and personalised medicine. The programme will showcase the value and role of pharmacy in genomic medicine, improving equity of access to personalised medicine and optimised treatments, and maximising opportunities for patients to benefit from advances in pharmacogenomics
This role requires you to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external. You’ll have the opportunity to work across RPS England, Scotland and Wales to deliver the National Pharmacy Board’s business plan and RPS strategic goals.
This is a new role, currently funded for 12-month period working for 2 days per week. The most important thing for us is to find the right person to take forward this work, so we are open to considering different arrangements to meet the postholders needs.
RPS Genomics and Personalised Medicines Programme Lead Requirements:
- Proven experience and ability to research issues, analyse information, develop and prepare recommendations for policy, support and guidance.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and liaise effectively with people from a range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrable experience of transformational change management and project management
- Strong visionary with ability to inspire, motivate and influence others in order to achieve a shared set of aims
- Self-motivated and able to work without direction, utilising innovative approaches when necessary.
- Experience of building and developing strong and effective teams and providing robust and visible leadership.
What we offer
We have a friendly, supportive, and collaborative work environment with an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include excellent work life balance (35-hour work week & flexitime), professional learning and development opportunities, 33 days’ holiday, with the option to purchase additional annual leave, multiple discounts from major stores, Ride2work, interest free season ticket loans and enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay. We host regular social events, and you can get involved in our diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives.
We continue to support our employees to work flexibly and from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. When our offices re-open, there is an expectation for this role to work from our London office on occasions where there is a need to do so.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and people of all abilities.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please visit our career page.