Permanent – Full time
Fixed Term for 12 Months (Maternity Cover) – Full time
Salary- Up to £37,000 per annum raising to £39,000 after successful completion of probation
Are you a pharmacist with a range of clinical and medicines information experience?
Do you have a passion for finding information, analysing and presenting it clearly and concisely?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Writer to join our Editorial team. In this role you will contribute to content creation, including but not exclusively, searching for and selecting relevant information, organising and writing or checking content suitable for use in PhP products (Martindale’s ADR Checker, Drug Monitoring Checker, Stockley’s Drug Interactions, British National Formulary, Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference, etc) and taking clinical and professional responsibility for the accuracy, safety, and appropriateness of the content.
- A graduate with a relevant life sciences degree;
- A good knowledge of the clinical use of drugs and medicines;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely;
- The ability to critically analyse source material and judge the clinical relevance of information on medicines;
- Ability to work effectively within a team and to organise own workload.
Pharmaceutical Press is the knowledge business of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, and we aim to become the world leader in the safe and effective use of medicines. Since RPS was founded in 1841 we have championed the profession and are internationally renowned as publishers of medicines information.
How we are currently working
We continue to support our employees to work flexibly and from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. When our office re-opens, there is an expectation for this role to attend the London office on occasions where there is a need to do so; otherwise, the majority of the role can be done at home or at one of our offices.
What we offer
- Excellent work-life balance (35-hour work week & flexitime),
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), with the option to purchase additional annual leave,
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- MediCash and Private Medical Insurance
- Ride2work and Interest-free season ticket loans
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Learning budget and personal development time
- We host regular social events, and you can get involved in our diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives.
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to a mental health first aider and other initiatives
At RPS, we encourage professional growth, and if we can help you achieve your ambitions we will.
Closing date: 2 May 2022 - (when applying please specify in your cover letter if you are applying for a fixed term position, permanent position, or both).
If you would like to learn more about the role, please view the job description here.
As part of the RPS Disability Confident commitment, we particularly welcome applications from people with a disability and will guarantee an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
To learn more about RPS please visit our career page.
Please attach your CV and covering letter.
We are passionate about creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity these are part of our core values at RPS and we are striving to have an organisation that represents the diversity of the profession. At RPS, we do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, neurodiversity or disability, and we encourage applications from all backgrounds..