From Lonely Planet to The New York Times, Galway has been voted the 'friendliest' and 'most charming' city by a number of global publications. Galway really is a place like no other. Set on the Wild Atlantic Way, on the broad sweep of Galway Bay, Galway is as distinctive as it is beautiful. https://www.nuigalway.ie/mostcharming/
University Pharmacy is a progressive, modern pharmacy serving the needs of the community for over 25 years. Based in close proximity to University Hospital Galway and NUI, Galway, University Pharmacy offers broad pharmaceutical experience and a number of patient care services. The city centre is only a short distance away while Salthill and Connemara are on the doorstep.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a patient-focussed pharmacy with a large, friendly, support team, including other pharmacists and technicians, at the interface between the community and hospital settings.
- Should the candidate wish there is also an extra opportunity to be trained in and implement regular clinical reviews with doctors as part of a clinical team.
- There will also be a further opportunity to participate in a fully funded Management Diploma Programme or Clinical Masters depending on the successful candidates interests and suitability.
This role can be adapted to suit a new graduate or a pharmacist of a number of years’ experience.
The successful candidate will be:
- registered or about to register with the PSI
- have fluent English (having completed all language examinations as per PSI requirements)
- very organised and
- have the ability to work within or lead a well-trained pharmacy team.
Working as part of a large pharmacist team there is some flexibility with regard to days off, holidays and rotas. On weekdays there are usually two pharmacists on duty during the day.
Rolling rotas are prepared in advance, allowing you to make plans.
Salary, PSI fees and pension contribution negotiable, depending on experience. A very attractive salary package is on offer.
Excellent training and development opportunities coupled with funding.
Please contact Dr Audrey Kinahan BSc Pharm, Dip A&F, MPSI for further details. Agencies should direct all of their correspondence to Audrey be email only.
Telephone: 00353 87 2387998 or email email@example.com.
Dr Audrey Kinahan, PhD, BSc Pharm, Dip A&F MPSI