Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
1 FTE (80 hours per fortnight)
- Are you seeking a senior pharmacist leadership role supporting change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
- Are you looking for an exciting and stimulating work environment, where you can be part of a new focused model of care?
- Are you looking for a new challenge that will utilise your clinical knowledge and operational skills?
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced and dynamic NZ Registered Pharmacist to join our team as part of our new ED pharmacy service at Taranaki Base Hospital. This position will work closely with Emergency Department staff, pharmacy, and other specialist teams to play a key role in the development of this new pharmacy service. Our TDHB ED Pharmacy Service aims to capture patients early in their admission to hospital in order to optimise patient outcomes and encourage safe use of medications within the ED environment and beyond. This will be a 7-day a week, 10-12 hour per day pharmacy service.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Provide a high level of clinical pharmacy expertise within ED
- Lead the pharmacy ED team to provide a patient & whānau centred pharmacy service
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy ED service
- Lead pharmacy ED service development and improvement
- Contribute to the education and training of pharmacy and other clinical staff members
- Support the growth and development of pharmacy ED team members
- Promote safe medication practices and use of medication systems
- Promote and engaging in collaborative, multidisciplinary relationships
Ideally the candidate will have:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in hospital pharmacy
- Completed relevant postgraduate qualification/s
- Broad clinical pharmacy experience, preferably with previous experience working in the ED setting
- The ability to lead, motivate and empower staff
- A strong patient and medication safety focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop trusting and collaborative relationships
Click here to view the job description.
If you are interested in the position, please "Apply Online"
If you would like further information about this position, please contact Claire Barnfather (Acting Pharmacy Operations Manager) on 06 753 7777 ext. 7733 or via email Claire.Barnfather@tdhb.org.nz
Application close Sunday 15 May 2022.