Pharmacy Services Manager
- Fresenius Medical Care UK & Ireland
- Huthwaite, Sutton-In-Ashfield
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date
- 1 Jul 2022
- Job Type
Pharmacy Services Manager
We are seeking a talented Pharmacy Services Manager who will play a key role in maintaining and developing the highest standards within pharmacy by overseeing the daily operations of the department. In liaison with the superintendent pharmacist, logistics, customer care, and other departments, this role will support Fresenius Medical Care as we continue to strive to provide the high-quality medicines and health homecare service that we are respected for.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly ambitious pharmacist to join and contribute to the development of the business in providing pharmacy care to thousands of patients across England, Scotland and Wales.
We are looking for a practical, hands-on manager who leads by example. When needed, working as the Responsible Pharmacist, providing support in the pharmacy by clinically screening prescriptions and, at times, supporting other aspects of the dispensing process.
This role will provide an instrumental management role reporting to the Head of Patient and Customer Operations. In addition to providing leadership within the established Pharmacy Department, there is also the opportunity to develop new skills in liaison with the Regulatory Affairs Department and other departments within the business, providing pharmaceutical and clinical expertise to support the regulatory and compliance aspects of the company.
In addition to maintaining pharmacy practice as an operational pharmacist manager; in this role the successful candidate will also engage with NHS peers and stakeholders through regular account review meetings and business partnership. In addition, there is also engagement with medicines homecare national bodies such as the National Homecare Medicines Committee (NHMC) and the National Clinical Homecare Association (NCHA).
This role requires you to have a Pharmacy Degree (BPharm, MPharm), current GPhC Registration and experience of excellent leadership and management. Applications are welcome from pharmacists with all experience levels and currently working in any pharmacy sectors.
What does the role involve?
- Take lead, on behalf of Superintendent Pharmacist, in ensuring that the Pharmacy is managed according to regulatory and service requirements
- To undertake the role of Responsible Pharmacist when required
- Lead all aspects of the efficient and effective delivery of the homecare pharmacy dispensing service with the associated clinical and operational responsibilities
- Provide pharmacy/NHS advice to sales/marketing teams to help support the wider business
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, clinical governance, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
This is a fixed term maternity cover, full time role for up to 15-months of 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. This role will be based at our head office in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire.
What can we offer you?
Here at Fresenius Medical Care, we value the contribution of our people and ensure that we offer industry-leading rewards and progression.
We offer a competitive salary alongside a wealth of other fantastic benefits listed below:
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• 33 Days Holiday (inclusive of 8 days bank holiday) increasing with service
• Healthshield - Company paid health cash plan
• Training and Development
• Long Service Vouchers
• bhsf RISE - our Health and Wellbeing hub with 24/7 access to GP’s and Counsellors
• IChoose – Employee saving scheme with great discounts including phone contracts
Who is Fresenius Medical Care?
We are the leading provider of dialysis services to the NHS, operating 52 partnership dialysis units that together provide regular dialysis treatment to over 3,800 NHS patients in the UK. We are part of a global company treating over 344,000 patients worldwide across over 4,000 clinics.
We also operate 44 production sites on all continents to provide dialysis products such as dialysis machines, dialysers and related disposables. 1 in every 2 of all dialysis machines used around the globe are manufactured by Fresenius Medical Care and we are the 3rd largest medical devices company in the world.
Pharmacy Services Manager posts will be subject to a DBS Disclosure
Fresenius Medical Care is an equal opportunities employer
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert