We have a new opportunity for a Commissioning Assistant to join us at the Royal Pharmaceutical Society. You will be working as part of our Editorial team across multiple publications. As Commissioning Assistant, you will assist in the day-to-day management of externally authored content. With guidance from the Commissioning Editor or senior Writers, you will liaise with content creation stakeholders to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of content and assist quality assurance steps where necessary. You will be able to work toward deadlines, follow procedures, and have the confidence to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A further educational qualification in physical or life sciences, or other relevant disciplines.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good IT literacy using standard computing software and the Internet (must have excellent knowledge of Excel and Word).
- Good research and information gathering skills with the ability to assimilate and disseminate complex information.
- Meticulous eye for detail and ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Demonstrable editorial experience in scientific or medical publishing is desirable.
What we offer
- Employee benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Gym membership discounts
- Season ticket loans
- Ride2Work scheme
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- MediCash and Private Medical Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave
- Learning and development opportunities.
At RPS, we encourage professional growth, and if we can help you achieve your ambitions we will.
How we are currently working
We have a hybrid and flexible working model. While the majority of the role can be done from home, there is an expectation for employees to work from our London office on occasions where there is a need to do so, for example, for training and team days. Employees are also welcomed to work in the office whenever they choose to do so.
Closing date: 8 August 2022
If you would like to learn more about the role, please visit our career page.