An incredible vacancy has become available for a Director for England to join us at the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS). You’ll provide a focal point for strategic leadership for our profession in England and across GB, making members proud to be a part of our organisation!
You’ll be visible and inspirational across the profession. You will drive, inspire, and develop a high-performing team helping them to deliver the English Pharmacy Board work plan, RPS strategic goals, and to foster close cross-organisational working.
This role is accountable for bringing national RPS policy to life for our members in England, working at a senior level using your networks and relationships to drive the profession forward.
You will work with the English Pharmacy Board and Chair to ensure that members and the profession are engaged in the development of policy maintaining the position of RPS as the professional leadership body for our members and the wider profession. As well as providing strategic advice and guidance to the Board in the development of a clear and ambitious work plan aligned with organisational goals, RPS mission, and vision. Along with your fellow Country Directors, you will direct and support national and GB-wide projects and programmes of work to deliver a successful and vibrant future for the profession putting patients and the public at the centre of what we do.
- Applicants must be a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
- A pharmacist – with substantial post qualification experience at a senior level with broad experience of, or knowledge of, more than one sector in pharmacy.
- You will be a strategic thinker, able to create a vision for the future and develop a roadmap to enable the organisation to progress from its current to future state and take people with you on the journey.
- We are committed to work alongside our members and colleagues to create a profession and workplace where everyone feels they belong and are celebrated for what they bring to their work. You must have a commitment to improving our profession and organisation by helping us stamp out discrimination.
- An excellent, positive communicator, able to clearly articulate complex messages to varied audiences.
- You have a demonstrable track record of building and maintaining strong and positive relationships, and engaging people at all levels.
What we offer
- Excellent work-life balance (35-hour work week & flexitime),
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), with the option to purchase additional annual leave,
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life insurance
- MediCash and Private Medical Insurance
- Ride2work and Interest-free season ticket loans
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Learning budget and personal development time
- We host regular social events, and you can get involved in our diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives.
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to a mental health first aider and other initiatives
At RPS, we encourage professional growth, and if we can help you achieve your ambitions we will.
Closing date: 19th August 2022
If you would like to learn more about the role, please view the job description on our careers page.
Please attach your CV and Cover Letter
We are passionate about creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity these are part of our core values at RPS and we are striving to have an organisation that represents the diversity of the profession. At RPS we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability and we encourage applications from all backgrounds.