We are looking for a Head of Pharmacy to join our Pharmacy team at The London Clinic to lead the transformation and management of our pharmacy services.
This post is located at The London Clinic’s Main Hospital in Marylebone, London and we are offering a highly competitive total remuneration package.
This is an important role within the senior clinical management team being responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of pharmacy services and optimisation of medicines across the organisation.
The post holder will be joining at an exciting time, playing a pivotal role in developing and delivering an innovative strategy for pharmacy transformation and medicines optimisation. This will require a highly motivated, passionate and experienced leader who will be able to identify and implement strategic development and service improvement including transformation.
The post will report directory to the Director of Clinical Services and provide visibility and leadership for pharmacy services and medicines optimisation together with the pharmacy leads, across the organisation. Providing direct line management of the Pharmacy leads team, inspiring and motivating the pharmacy teams to have the skills, authority and autonomy they need to deliver outstanding Pharmacy services. As well as developing and maintaining safe and evidence-based medicines management practices which comply with appropriate regulatory bodies including clinical, risk, quality and financial parameters.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shift/Working Pattern: Monday to Friday; 9am-5:30pm.
- Job Location: The London Clinic’s Main Hospital in London, W1G 6JA (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
- Salary: Band 8D equivalent
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services, plus an extensive range of other benefits. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Skills and Experience:
- Registered as a Pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Evidence of commitment to CPD
- Recent senior experience in managing pharmacy services
- Significant and recent experience in delivering advanced level clinical pharmacy services to a specialist area
- Significant experience in transformation and delivering improvements to pharmacy services
- Strong knowledge of all regulatory and governance arrangements for medicines
To apply, please send you CV to Katherine Turpie at K.Turpie@thelondonclinic.co.uk
Closing Date: 30th August 2022
Interviews will be held on 8th and 9th September 2022
The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: “We go further”, “We work as one” and “We personalise care.” We are an organisation that holds charitable status, and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1350 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Our main hospital spans 8 floors, and we have over 130 patient beds, a 24-hour consultant-led intensive care unit, 10 operating theatres plus dedicated endoscopy suites and a day surgery unit. Our unique combination of people and experience is the foundation of our prestigious, international reputation for innovation and clinical excellence.